The Nursing training program is a four-semester training program which, upon prosperous completion, is awarded an Associate in Science Degree. 68 credits are required for graduation. The curriculum is designed for courses from the liberal arts, social and biological sciences and also nursing. These courses grant the basis for the practice of nursing. 6 key values (caring, critical thinking, safe and competent practice, professionalism, communication as well as holistic care) provide the framework for the nursing curriculum.
A graduate of the nursing training program is honored with an Associate in Science degree as well as being qualified to take the National Council Licensing Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). Graduates can submit an application for licensure through the Connecticut Department of Public Health. The graduate is qualified to serve as an entry-level practitioner in health-care functions such as doctors’ offices, general or specialty hospitals, extended care facilities and clinics.
All programs are endorsed by the Connecticut State Board of Examiners for Nursing with the permission of the Commissioner of the Connecticut Department of Public Health and are licensed by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
About the school
Gateway Community College is a public community college located in Connecticut, United States of America with its college’s campus situated in New Haven. Since February 17, 2010, Gateway obtained the highest possible credit enrollment among Connecticut’s community schools, with 6987 pupils enlisted in for-credit classes.
It was established in 1992 by the merger of South Central Community College (at Long Wharf) in New Haven as well as the Greater New Haven State Technical College in North Haven.
Total program cost is USD $13,200
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Minimum of 2.7 GPA (based on the last 24 hours of credit)for students with previous college work.
- Minimum of 2.7 high school GPA for students without prior college work (GED acceptable).
- Eligibility for English 101, Math 116 (LPN) and MTH 100 (RN). 6.Eligibility for BIO 201 during the first term of Associate Degree nursing courses.
- BIO 201 and BIO 202 must have been completed within the last five years of program admission.
- Prerequisite (s) per the Upward Mobility curriculum must be met (ENG 101, MTH 100, BIO 201, BIO 202, and NUR 200).
- Meeting the essential functions or technical standards required for nursing.
You must have completed the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) prior to application. The TEAS test must have been taken within the last 3 years prior to admission. This test may be repeated only after a 6 week time period has lapsed.
Gateway Community College
Address: 20 Church St, New Haven, CT 06510
Submit your review