- Gannon University’s Villa Maria College of Nursing baccalaureate training program is a community-based curriculum, providing students chances to offer holistic nursing care to persons, families, groups, communities as well as populations. Pupils benefit from a small student-to-faculty ratio in the clinical setting with Nursing faculty who are dedicated to the area they teach. Students and also faculty in the Villa Maria College of Nursing are involved in over 3,000 service-learning hours yearly. The baccalaureate training program of the Villa Maria College of Nursing offers students many experiences in the classroom and also in the community.
- The Villa Maria College of Nursing was one of the first generic baccalaureate programs in Pennsylvania, accepting its first students in 1952.
- The Clinical experiences are an important part of the baccalaureate nursing curriculum. The Villa Maria School of Nursing has partnership agreements with over 50 healthcare agencies in northwestern Pennsylvania. CCNE licenses the training program.
About the school
- Gannon University is a non-public, co-educational Catholic institution situated in Erie, Pennsylvania, United States, offering associate’s, Bachelor’s, master’s, as well as doctoral degrees and certificates. Gannon University has an alumni base numbering around 31,500. Present enrollment is 4,410.
- Gannon University was first founded in 1933 as the two-year Cathedral College by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Erie. In 1944, the institution became the four-year men’s school Gannon College of Arts and Sciences, named in respect of the then-Bishop of Erie, John Mark Gannon, the inspiration behind its opening as well as development. The school became coeducational in 1964 and also gained university status in 1979.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $28,770
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Application to the University
- Completion of 16 academic units at the high school level; four of which must be English; three in social sciences, at least two units of math, one being in algebra, two units of science with a related laboratory or the equivalent. Sciences must be one unit of biology and one unit of chemistry. A grade of C or higher must be earned in all high school courses.
- Academic course selection, grades, guidance counselor recommendation and SAT/ACT scores will be carefully reviewed for admission consideration.
Address: 109 University Square, Erie, PA 16501, USA
Submit your review