The Associate Degree Nursing Training program is endorsed by the Texas Board of Nursing and also certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). Pupils are scheduled to start their training program in the fall and must fulfill all courses in the curriculum to fulfill prerequisites to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
Upon completion of the two (2) year, 60 credit-hour syllabus, graduates will be awarded the Associate in Applied Science degree (AAS) in Associate Degree Nursing.
About The School
Galveston College (GC) is an extensive community college situated on Galveston Island in Galveston, Texas, United States of America. On the date of November 2, in the year 1935, voters endorsed the creation of the Galveston Junior College District. Nevertheless, the subsequent 1936 election to assist the new district through a property tax failed, as did a few other attempts.
Total estimated program cost is USD $13,576
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.7 on all courses taken at Galveston College and all
other colleges during the past ten years.
- Have a GPA of 2.5 on all prerequisites courses.
BIOL 2401 – Anatomy and Physiology I
HPRS 1206 – Essentials of Medical Terminology
MATH 0304 Intermediate Algebra or MATH 0308 Foundations of Statistics can be
satisfied by TSI exam or course completion. MATH 0304 and MATH 0308 are not
college level courses and do not carry credit hours towards a degree. Mathematics satisfaction is according to Galveston College requirements.
- Complete or be currently enrolled in all prerequisites before febraury 15th
- Have the entrance test completed by february 15th with passing scores. The entrance test may be repeated one time each year.
- Have all official transcripts from high school or proof of G.E.D and all colleges attended sent to the Galveston College Admissions Office.
- Have satisfied Texas Success Initiative (TSI)
- After all prerequisites are in progress or have been completed, obtain a Galveston College Associate Degree Nursing program application from the Nursing Department.
Address: 4015 Avenue Q, Galveston, TX 77550
Submit your review
Leave a Reply