Admission to the nursing degree programs in Galen College is selective and also based on available amenities and resources in the community and also within Galen. The College accepts transfer credit if you have general education courses from past programs that you had.
Pupils can head over to BSN coursework upon acquiring their ADN before they sit and take the NCLEX, but must have their Registered Nurse license to take baccalaureate level nursing classes. The training program is 15-18 month, regular days. It is Quarter built, with 4 begins yearly in January, March, July and also September — begins when you are ready.
The associate degree in nursing (ADN) training program offered at Galen College of Nursing’s San Antonio, Texas Campus is a candidate for certification by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing,
About The School
Galen College of Nursing was established in 1989 and also has grown into one amongst the biggest private nursing colleges in the U.S. Galen College of Nursing now has state-of-the-art campuses in Cincinnati, Ohio; Louisville, Kentucky; Hazard, Kentucky; San Antonio, Texas, and Tampa Bay, Florida.
Total estimated program cost is USD $14,576
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- be able to communicate effectively in English;
- be a high school graduate or hold a GED;
- successfully pass a qualifying entrance examination;
- and satisfactorily pass a criminal background screening prior to the start of classes. Our clinical partners have requirements to work in a real-world health care setting that Galen students must meet. The criminal background screening fee is non-refundable
- Submit an application.
- Schedule and pay for the National League of Nursing Pre-Admission Examination (NLN PAX), if applicable.Students entering the VN program will take the PAX PN, and current LVNs or ADN students will take the PAX RN. If you’ve taken this test within the last five years, you might be exempt from testing for Galen. Again, ask your Galen Admission Specialist for details.
- Submit transcripts and nursing license (if applicable):
For students applying to Associate of Applied Science in Nursing Degree program and requesting transfer credits: Submit official, applicable transcripts. Please remember that any courses you wish to transfer in to Galen must be presented at this time. They will not be considered after your application is complete.
If you are already an LVN who’s applying for our LVN to ADN Bridge: Submit an official LPN transcript reflecting a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
*The NLN PAX is the College’s official entrance examination. The NLN PAX is a standardized entrance exam for potential nursing students who seek admittance into nursing schools nationwide. See below for details on the PAX and applicable scores. Applicants may be granted acceptance into the College based upon equivalent entrance test scores on other qualifying examinations, including the HESI A2, Multilevel PAX, and TEAS. Please contact your admissions representative for more information on equivalent examinations and test scores. Scores on all examinations must have been earned within the last five years.
Galen College Of Nursing San Antonio
Address: 7411 John Smith Dr #1400, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA