Fresno City College (commonly known as FCC or “Fresno City”) is a community college in Fresno, California, United States. Fresno City College (FCC) is a part of the State Center Community College District (SCCCD), within the California Community Colleges system, and fully authorized by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. The institution offers Associate’s Degrees, and students can earn a Certificate of Completion, or transfer to a 4-year university of their choice. Fresno City College was founded in 1910.
The practice of registered nursing requires an excessive amount of scientific knowledge and technical skills and also leadership and managerial capabilities. Pupils attend classes on the Fresno City College campus. The Nursing Clinical experience is provided in chosen local hospitals and also health agencies.
It is built to educate the student at the fundamental technical level of nursing practice, obtain an Associate of Science degree, and meet the requirements to take the NCLEX-RN (national nursing licensing examination for Registered Nurse) and work in an organized health-care setting. The nursing syllabus is the same for all the programs in the institution and requires four (4) semesters of nine (9) or more credits per semester to complete. The pupil may take extra credits during every semester to complete the general education demands for the Associate of Science degree. There are also other specialized elective nursing courses that a student might take to supplement their nursing education.
Total program cost is USD $9,340
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
The Fresno City College Registered Nursing program will begin the Multi-Criteria Screening Application process February 1st, 2017. Multi-Criteria screening is an application process that considers several factors to establish applicant eligibility for the Registered Nursing program lottery. Students will be required to meet the minimum requirements to submit an online application:
– Minimum 2.5 overall GPA
– Grade of C or better in all prerequisites
– Score at least a 62% on the TEAS exam
Students will be required to meet an established minimum cut-off score to participate in the modified lottery selection process. Students will be given points based on the following criteria:
– ATI TEAS Total Adjusted Score.
– Score above the 50th percentile in the Reading section of the ATI TEAS examination.
– GPA in Science prerequisites (Anatomy, Physiology, Chemistry and Microbiology only).
– GPA in remaining prerequisite courses (English, Math, Psychology, and Sociology/Anthropology).
– Previous academic degrees.
– Relevant Health Care certifications.
– Life experiences or special circumstances (students with multiple experiences/circumstances will get the maximum points available in this area)
- Low Family Income.
- First generation to attend college.
- Disadvantages social or educational environment (EOPS).
- Veteran Status (Veteran or eligible spouse).
- Language proficiency.
All students who meet the minimum points’ requirement will be considered for the lottery.
Fresno City College
Address: 1101 E University Ave, Fresno, CA 93741
Phone: +1 559-442-4600
Submit your review
Leave a Reply