Fortis ideally offers an associate degree nursing training program in Norfolk, Virginia. The Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) training program is built to provide pupils with top quality academic and also clinical instruction.
The Fortis nursing curriculum provides the knowledge and also competencies to prepare pupils to sit for the NCLEX licensure examination and pursue a profession as an entry-level registered nurse in many different clinical and hospital functions upon passing their licensure examination after graduation.
In case you are already a Practical Nurse as well as live in Virginia, then the PN-RN Associate Degree Bridge training program at FORTIS College in Norfolk, VA is built to enable the people who are working PNs to enter the bridge training program to prepare to become a Registered Nurse (RN). Norfolk is a great place to reside while pursuing the PN-RN Associate Degree Bridge training program at FORTIS.
After successful graduation, associate degree in nursing pupils will take the NCLEX-RN examination to receive licensure as a registered nurse (RN). Training program duration is 96 weeks.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
The FORTIS College in Norfolk, Virginia offers career education and also training to individuals in the greater Tidewater area in the nursing, dental, medical, massage and information technology career fields. FORTIS College Norfolk was initially referred to as Virginia Career Institute before becoming a member of the network of FORTIS Colleges and Institutes.
Total estimated program cost is USD $13,565
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- You must be a high school graduate or its equivalent.
- All applicants are required to complete a personal information sheet.
- Completing high school or obtaining your GED. Classes in biology, algebra and chemistry are “strongly suggested”
- Meeting the host college’s entrance requirements.
- A physical and mental certification of fitness for nursing work
- Having all necessary immunizations
- Being certified in CPR
- A criminal background check and drug testing prior to any clinical fieldwork.
- Applicants, who otherwise meet the requirements to pursue A.D. nursing, will be given the opportunity to take the Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam (SLE). Once a passing score is earned, the SLE score is valid for three years from the date of The SLE minimum entrance requirements is 16.
Applicants to the ADN program who are Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVNs) or Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) must meet the following requirements:
- The applicant must be a graduate of a state-approved Vocational Nursing (VN) or Practical Nursing (PN) Applicants who are not graduates of a Fortis College, Fortis Institute, or formerly MedVance Institute PN or VN program must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.8 on a grading scale of 4.0. The applicant must provide documentation of graduation in the form of an official transcript. Exceptions to this requirement may be considered in extenuating circumstances (such as transcripts only showing pass/fail; graduation from a military school and no GPA is provided). The request for a waiver must be submitted in writing to the Dean of Nursing, who will review and provide approval with guidance from the Vice President of Nursing.
- The LVN or LPN applicant must possess a current, valid unencumbered Vocational Nurse or Practical Nurse license from the state in which he or she will be attending the ADN program.
- At the conclusion of the admission interview, the applicants who are not Fortis College, Fortis Institute, or formerly MedVance Institute PN or VN program graduates will be given the opportunity to take the Evolve Reach Admission Assessment Exam (A2-RN). Applicants may be admitted to the nursing program with an A2-RN score of 75% or higher on (1) English Language Composite Score comprised of reading, grammar, vocabulary and (2) Math Composite Score.
- Prior to taking the A2-RN assessment, students will be provided an opportunity to purchase the study guide. Students are strongly discouraged from taking the assessment without completing the review workbook. If the student is unsuccessful after his or her first attempt, he or she should be directed to complete the HESI online remediation for at least one week before being allowed to take the A2-RN the second time. Such enrollment will allow the student, upon successful completion of the course, one more opportunity to take the A2-RN. Students can take this A2-RN assessment no more than two times in a 12-month Applicants must take the A2-RN exam at the campus where they are requesting admission. For applicants who have previously taken the A2-RN exam within the last 12 months and produce an A2-RN transcript, the fee to retake the A2-RN exam will be waived.
- Graduates from a Fortis College, Fortis Institute, or formerly MedVance Institute PN or VN program who have not yet obtained a valid, current, unencumbered Vocational or Practical Nursing license from Virginia will be admitted to the generic track of the ADN If the LVN/LPN graduate obtains a valid, unencumbered Vocational or Practical Nursing license from Virginia prior to the end of their first term, he/she will be eligible to be considered for transfer to the LPN track of the ADN program. If the student does not achieve licensure by the end of the first term, the studentwill remain in the ADN generic track.
- LVN or LPN applicants to the ADN program who are Fortis College, Fortis Institute, or formerly MedVance Institute PN or VN program graduates are exempt from taking the HESI Admission Assessment Exam (A2-RN), and are required to take the HESI PN Exit Exam and score at least 850.
Fortis College-Norfolk Virginia
Address: 6300 Center Drive, Suite 100 • Norfolk, VA 23502
Phone: (757) 499-5447