FORTIS College in Columbus, Westerville Ohio expediently offers an associate degree nursing training program.
The Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) training program is built to provide pupils with high quality academic and also clinical instruction. The Fortis nursing curriculum provides the knowledge and also competencies to prepare pupils to sit for the NCLEX licensure examination and pursue a profession as an entry-level registered nurse in many different clinical and hospital functions upon passing their licensure examination after graduation.
The nursing associate degree at Fortis educates pupils as a reaction to society’s continuing health-care requirements while developing long term learners. Institutional Accrediting Body by Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
About The School
The FORTIS College in Columbus, Ohio, USA provides career education and also training to individuals in central Ohio and greater metropolitan Columbus who are enthusiastic about the nursing, medical and healthcare career fields.
FORTIS College in Columbus, OH was originally referred to as Bohecker College before signing up for the network of FORTIS Colleges and Institutes.
Total estimated program cost is USD $20,565
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- The applicant must be a high school graduate or possess the recognized equivalent of a high school
- The applicant must be seventeen years of age or older at the time he or she starts his or her program of study.
- The applicant must complete an applicant information form.
- The applicant must interview with an admissions representative and/or other administrative staff.
- Applicants must submit to and pass a drug-screening test and results must be in the applicant’s admission file before starting the
Applicants to the ADN program who are Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVNs) or Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) must meet the following requirements:
- The applicant must be a graduate of a state-approved Vocational Nursing (VN) or Practical Nursing (PN) Applicants who are not graduates of a Fortis College, Fortis Institute, or formerly MedVance Institute PN or VN program must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.8 on a grading scale of 4.0. The applicant must provide documentation of graduation in the form of an official transcript. Exceptions to this requirement may be considered in extenuating circumstances (such as transcripts only showing pass/fail; graduation from a military school and no GPA is provided). The request for a waiver must be submitted in writing to the Dean of Nursing, who will review and provide approval with guidance from the Vice President of Nursing.
- The LVN or LPN applicant must possess a current, valid unencumbered Vocational Nurse or Practical Nurse license from the state in which he or she will be attending the ADN program.
- At the conclusion of the admission interview, the applicants who are not Fortis College, Fortis Institute, or formerly MedVance Institute PN or VN program graduates will be given the opportunity to take the Evolve Reach Admission Assessment Exam (A2-RN). Applicants may be admitted to the nursing program with an A2-RN score of 75% or higher on (1) English Language Composite Score comprised of reading, grammar, vocabulary and (2) Math Composite Score.
- Prior to taking the A2-RN assessment, students will be provided an opportunity to purchase the study guide. Students are strongly discouraged from taking the assessment without completing the review workbook. If the student is unsuccessful after his or her first attempt, he or she should be directed to complete the HESI online remediation for at least one week before being allowed to take the A2-RN the second time. Such enrollment will allow the student, upon successful completion of the course, one more opportunity to take the A2-RN. Students can take this A2-RN assessment no more than two times in a 12-month Applicants must take the A2-RN exam at the campus where they are requesting admission. For applicants who have previously taken the A2-RN exam within the last 12 months and produce an A2-RN transcript, the fee to retake the A2-RN exam will be waived.
- Graduates from a Fortis College, Fortis Institute, or formerly MedVance Institute PN or VN program who have not yet obtained a valid, current, unencumbered Vocational or Practical Nursing license from Virginia will be admitted to the generic track of the ADN If the LVN/LPN graduate obtains a valid, unencumbered Vocational or Practical Nursing license from Virginia prior to the end of their first term, he/she will be eligible to be considered for transfer to the LPN track of the ADN program. If the student does not achieve licensure by the end of the first term, the studentwill remain in the ADN generic track.
- LVN or LPN applicants to the ADN program who are Fortis College, Fortis Institute, or formerly MedVance Institute PN or VN program graduates are exempt from taking the HESI Admission Assessment Exam (A2-RN), and are required to take the HESI PN Exit Exam and score at least 850.
Applicants to the ADN program who are not licensed vocational or practical nurses must meet the following requirements:
- After achieving a passing SLE score, applicants will be given the opportunity to take the Evolve Reach Admission Assessment Exam (A2-RN). Applicants may be admitted to the ADN nursing program with an A2-RN score of 75% or higher on (1) English Language Composite Score comprised of reading, grammar, vocabulary and (2) Math Composite score. Applicants who score between 70 and 74 may be admitted to the LVN/LPN program without having to take the A2-PN.
- Prior to taking the A2-RN assessment, students will be provided an opportunity to purchase the study guide. Students are strongly discouraged from taking the assessment without completing the review workbook.
Address: 4151 Executive Parkway, Suite 120 • Westerville, OH 43081
Phone: (614) 882-2551