The ADN training program at Forsyth Technical Community College provides knowledge, competencies, and techniques to practice in a changing atmosphere, incorporate safety and quality into nursing care, and to satisfy personal needs which impact the quality of life, health and also the achievement of potential.
Course work includes and also builds upon the domains of healthcare, nursing practice, and the holistic individual. Content emphasizes the nurse as an associate of the interdisciplinary team providing safe, personalized care while making use of evidence-based practice, high-quality improvement, and also informatics.
Graduates of the training program meet the requirements to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) to become a registered nurse (RN).
About The School
Forsyth Technical Community College is a two (2) year public community college in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States.
The institution is among the largest in the North Carolina Community College System, with an enrollment of more than 12,000 credit pupils and also more than 24,000 Corporate and Continuing Education pupils. It was founded in the year 1960.
Total estimated program cost is USD $11,135
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Complete the Forsyth Tech application.
- Complete the online information session tutorial and return the electronic signature form. This form can be returned to the Admissions Office via email, fax, mail, or hand delivery. If you prefer, you may choose to attend an in-person information session instead of completing the online tutorial.
- Complete placement testing if required by the Admissions Office. All applicants must demonstrate English, Reading and Math Competencies to be eligible for program consideration.
- Have an official high school transcript or GED scores mailed to the Admissions Office.
- Have official transcripts from all colleges or schools attended since high school sent to the Admissions Office. Official transcripts must have the school seal or original signature and be in a sealed unopened envelope or submitted electronically from the school. Electronic transcripts should be sent to [email protected] Official college transcripts should be received and evaluated before a MAR is conducted. Evaluation of transcripts typically takes 5-7 business days to complete once transcripts have been received. Please do NOT bring in transcripts the day you come to complete your MAR review.
- Biology Competency- Applicants must have completed a high school biology course. If the course was not completed at the high school level, then the applicant must complete the course at the college level with a grade of “C” or better. Once this
- course competency is met, it does not outdate.
- No “D/F/WF” Policy- Applicants must earn a grade of “C” or better in all program related courses attempted to be eligible for the program. This policy applies to courses taken at Forsyth Tech as well as equivalent courses completed at outside colleges or universities. Applicants with a “D”, “F” or “WF” in a related course as of the stated deadline will NOT be eligible to complete a MAR review for the Associate Degree Nursing program. If a grade of “D”, “F” or “WF” is earned after acceptance to the program, the course must be repeated and a “C” or higher earned before the student will be allowed to enroll in the nursing program. Failure to remove a grade of “D”, “F” or “WF” will result in the loss of admission into the ADN program.
- TEST OF ESSENTIAL ACADEMIC SKILLS (TEAS)- Upon completion of the above (1-7) applicants are eligible to meet with an Admissions Counselor to complete the Minimum Admissions Requirements (MAR) Review. Applicants for the program will not be considered for admission nor be eligible to take the TEAS at Forsyth Tech until this step is completed. An applicant must test and meet the required 60% or higher on the Adjusted Individual Total Score to be eligible for consideration.
Forsyth Technical Community College
Address: 2100 Silas Creek Pkwy, Winston-Salem, NC 27103, USA
Submit your review