The Associate in Science (A.S.) in Nursing program is an amalgamation of general education and professional courses such as lecture, laboratory and clinical education components. Upon successful completion of the program, graduates are equipped to function as entry-level practitioners and are eligible to take the National Council for Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN) to become registered nurses (RN).
Clinical rotations scheduled in area hospitals and other medical centers are part of the program to equip students with the requisite experience and theoretical knowledge.
About The School
Florida State College (FSCJ) is a state college established in 1965 at Jacksonville, Florida, U.S., and a member of the Florida College System. It is one of the several institutions in the Florida College System termed a “state college,” as it offers a better number of four-year bachelor’s degrees than conventional two-year community colleges.
It has four main physical campuses and numerous additional centers sited around the First Coast region, and currently, it enrolls about 52,000 students.
Total program cost is $7,551.36 for in-state residents and $28,891.44
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Have completed the nursing application by the application deadline for the term for which they are applying for continuance.
- Submit official transcripts.
- Have completed a minimum of 11 credit hours of prerequisites (which include BSC 2085C, BSC 2086C MAC 1105) prior to the application deadline. A grade of “C” or better must be achieved in science courses. A GPA of 2.0 must be maintained.
- Have submitted current Health Education Systems, Inc. Admission Assessment (HESI A2/Elsevier A2 Preadmission Test) scores by the application deadline.
- Provide evidence of current CPR certification – adult, child and infant (achieved through an American Heart Association approved Basic Life Support (BLS) Course for Health Care Providers, that includes hands-on simulated experiences).
Florida State College at Jacksonville
501 West State Street
Jacksonville, FL 32202
Submit your review
Leave a Reply