The Florence–Darlington Technical College Associate Degree Nursing Training program grooms pupils for this performance career requiring intellectual, interpersonal and also psychomotor skills which are based on biological, behavioral and also humanistic concepts.
Graduates of the Associate Degree Nursing training program are prepared to work in many different functions such as hospitals, clinics and also outpatient centers.
Upon completion of the training program, the pupil is qualified to receive an Associate Degree in Applied Science and may apply to sit as well as take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurse (NCLEX-RN). There are five semesters and 68 credits in the ADN training program. There is also an alternative for LPN.
The ADN Nursing training program at Florence-Darlington Technical College is certified by of the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
About The School
Florence–Darlington Technical College (FDTC) is a two (2) year community college in Florence, South Carolina, United States Of America. The college’s president is Ben P. Dillard, III. It is associated with the South Carolina Technical College System.
Total estimated program cost is USD $17,156
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- You must have applied and been accepted as a student at FDTC.
- You must have attended a Nursing Career Talk prior to the date you apply to the program. Attendance at this Talk must be within a one year time period before application.
- You must score at the Proficient Level on the TEAS V test. This means you must have a minimum of the following scores
- Overall Score Proficient 58.7%; Section scores: Proficient Reading 69.0%; Proficient Science 45.8%; Math 46.7%; English and Language 40%
The best way to improve your scores is to prepare to take the test. This means using the study guide and taking practice exams. If you score below level in any area, then you should concentrate on those areas.
If you score low, or if your high school preparation was not as strong as you would like, then taking FDTC courses in these areas—including the program general education requirements can improve your scoring. See your advisor for more information
- You must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA and a 2.5 program GPA the semester prior to your application and maintain this. If either GPA drops below the required level before you begin the program, you will not be permitted to enter into the class.
- Transfer courses must be accepted by FDTC and be at least a C grade earned. BIO courses being transferred for BIO 210, 211 and 225 must not more than 5 years old AT THE TIME OF THE APPLICATION. Biology courses may only be repeated ONCE at any college, including FDTC.
- BIO 210 must be satisfactorily completed with a minimum of a C grade before you may submit your application
- Applications are accepted twice during the year—in April-May for August admission and in September for a January start.
- Applicants are ranked according to the published weighted admission criteria. The highest ranked 64 students are offered acceptance into the program. Students below this number are placed on a temporary wait list for admission—but if they are not accepted, they must re-apply.
- All applicants must pass a drug screen and criminal background check. Positive findings of either will result in loss of admission place.
- Immunizations are required of all nursing students in order to participate in clinical.
- If you have been in any other nursing program, you must include a letter from the school Chair that you are in academic good standing OR the academic and/or other reason for dismissal from the program. This information may have a bearing on your acceptance into this program.
- Complete a Florence-Darlington College Admission Application and receive letter of acceptance from College
- Attend a Nursing Career Talk (must have been within one year of application)
- Take the TEAS Test and make a score of Proficient or above across all sections. TEAS test must be within 2 years of application. TEAS test retakes must be at least 30 days apart or they will not be accepted. MINIMUM SCORES: Proficient level overall Score 58.7%; Section scores: Proficient level Reading 69.0% and Science 45.8%; Basic level Scores for Math 46.7%; English and Language 40%
- Have a PROGRAM GPA of 2.5 or higher (this includes any course that is required for the ADNdegree)
- Have a CUMULATIVE GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Have completed BIO 210 with a C grade or higher within 5 years of application; Biology courses can’t be retaken at any college, more than once, for a D or F grade.
- An official copy of the applicant’s high school transcript/GED and official transcripts from all colleges or universities previously attended must be received in the Registrar’s Office by the last business day of the application period deadline.
Florence-Darlington Technical College
Address: 2715 W Lucas St, Florence, SC 29501
Submit your review