- The objective of the Fitchburg State University Division of Nursing is to prepare professional nurses competent at meeting societal health care needs in various settings. In their teaching, the faculty nurtures respect for variety, social responsibility, along with a commitment to excellence. Collaborative and also engaging educational techniques foster the utilization of critical thinking to build a sound basis for the practice of holistic nursing. Ethical, Legal and also professional standards guide the faculty in teaching the art and also the science of nursing.
- For the past three years, 95% of first-time NCLEX test takers pass the licensure examination.
- The Division of Nursing offers 3-undergraduate degree tracks: a 4-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing, an accelerated track for LPN to BS in Nursing, along with an RN to BS in Nursing training program for students with an Associate Degree in Nursing or perhaps Diploma along with a valid RN license in good standing. The RN to BS in Nursing training program is a web-based training program.
About the school
- Fitchburg State University also referred to as Fitchburg State, is a 4-year public institution of higher learning with a small urban campus, in the city of Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States of America. Fitchburg State University has more than 3,500 undergraduate and also more than 1650 graduate/continuing education students, for an overall student body enrollment over 5200.
- The Institution offers postgraduate certificates, Bachelor’s degrees, and also master’s degrees (inclusive of the MBA) in over 25 academic fields. The first campus, the McKay Campus School, and also athletic fields take up 79 acres in the city of Fitchburg; the biological study areas occupy 120 acres in the nearby towns of Lancaster, Leominster, and also Lunenburg.
- Fitchburg State University was established as the State Normal School in Fitchburg in the year 1894 by the state legislature.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $23,650
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Official high school transcript with first-quarter grades
- Official SAT and/or ACT score report
- High school classes completed:
- English- 4 courses
- Mathematics- 4 courses (Algebra I & II and Geometry or Trigonometry, or comparable coursework) including mathematics during the final year of high school.
- Sciences- 3 courses (drawn from Natural Science and/or Physical Science and/or Technology/Engineering, including 2 courses with laboratory work); Technology/engineering courses must be designated as science courses (taken for science credit) by the high school.
- Social Sciences- 2 courses (including 1 course in U.S. History)
- Foreign Languages- 2 courses (in a single language)
- Electives- 2 courses (from the above subjects or from the Arts & Humanities or Computer Sciences)
- If your GPA is below 3.0 we use the sliding scale to determine admissibility. When reviewing a high school transcript, we re-calculate a student’s GPA based on their college prep, honors or AP level courses only. We do not include courses that are based on performance such as physical education, health, music, etc. When re-calculating a GPA we also give “extra credit” for higher-level courses. For example if you received a “B” in an honors course, we would consider this a “B+”. If you received a “B” in an AP or IB course, we would consider it an “A”.
Address: 160 Pearl St, Fitchburg, MA 01420
Phone: (978) 665-3000
Submit your review