- Due to the breadth of knowledge and also maturity necessary to be a compassionate and also qualified health care professional in today’s society, many tracks to the BSN nowadays include 2nd degree BSN, or even accelerated degrees to the BSN, for individuals who have already acquired their BA or BS degree in a major besides nursing.
- There are currently many post bachelor’s accelerated BSN programs nationally. An example of such a training program in the Nashville area offering an Accelerated 2nd Degree BSN (also referred to as ‘Fast Track BSN’) in Belmont University
About the school
- Fisk University (or just Fisk) is a non-public traditionally black university established in 1866 in Nashville, Tennessee, United States Of America. The 40-acre campus is a historic area listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- In 1930, Fisk was the very first African-American school to gain certification by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- In the year 1866, six months after the end of the American Civil War, leaders of the Northern American Missionary Association– John Ogden, Reverend Erastus Milo Cravath, field secretary; and also Reverend Edward Parmelee Smith – established the Fisk Free Colored School, for the education of
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $24,160
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Typical Requirements for Admission to Accelerated BSN programs include:
- Your bachelor’s degree from Fisk University, which can be in any major, but includes the pre-requisites outlined below
- A minimum 3.0 undergraduate GPA on a 4.0 scale ( some schools do have a slightly lower GPA minimum)
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) taken within the past five years.
- Fisk University provides you with the Kaplan preparation for the GRE, and you should take it NO LATER than the spring/early summer of your junior year. The GRE emphasizes reading for comprehension, writing skills, vocabulary understanding, mathematics through college algebra with a bit of statistics.
- You will need to sign up for your funded GRE preparation course via Ms Tashaye Byrdsong Woods ( [email protected]) in the Office of Student Affairs.
- For more information regarding the GRE, visit the Educational Testing Service website.
Typical Enrollment Prerequisites for Admission to Accelerated BSN programs include:
- Human Anatomy and Physiology –two semesters ( with Laboratory)
- Microbiology – one semester, with laboratory
- Basic Statistics – one semester [ either HSS281 or NSCI 360 ]
- Human Growth and Development [ SOC 282] or Child & Adolescent Psychology
[PSYH 205] – one semester
- Undergraduate course work in Nutritions trongly recommended if not required
- Students typically take this at Nashville State or at TSU. This is also offered at Vanderbilt, but courses fill quickly.
Accelerated BSN programs require all admitted students to have completed the courses and required units listed above prior to the start of classes. Typically, an earned minimum grade for each nursing prerequisite course will be identified by the program
Address: 1000 17th Ave N, Nashville, TN 37208, USA
Submit your review