- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program is a full-time program created to prepare caring scholar-clinicians for professional practice in modern health care settings.
- The Graduates are prepared to take on important roles in the improvement of client health care outcomes.
- State-mandated and general education common prerequisites for nursing form the foundation of study for the major.
- The learning-centered, community partnered, nursing curriculum is founded on knowledge of the theory and practice of nursing with the combination of communication, critical thinking, caring, health promotion, and cultural connectedness constructs.
About the school
- Florida Gulf Coast University is a public university situated in Fort Myers, Florida, United States.
- The university is a part of the 12-campus State University System of Florida.
- Florida Gulf Coast University is endorsed by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate’s, 29 different master’s, 51 different types of bachelor’s, and six types of doctoral degrees.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $21,820
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Submit a FGCU Application for Admission and satisfy all applicable university admission requirements.
- Submit a completed School of Nursing supplemental application.
- Have and maintain, prior to full admission, a minimum overall GPA of at least 3.0 on all coursework attempted. Please Note: If the FGCU Degree Works audit shows a transfer GPA, it may not include grades for all courses at all institutions during your academic career. The School of Nursing calculates the transfer GPA for BSN admission purposes using all grades.
- Complete common prerequisites for nursing, with a grade of C or higher. Students who have not completed all required coursework at the time of application must include a plan for completion of the course(s) as part of the supplemental application. A final transcript documenting successful completion of the course(s) must be submitted to Undergraduate Admissions.
- Complete Anatomy & Physiology I with Lab and Anatomy & Physiology II with Lab prior to the application deadline.
- Completion of the Test of Essential Academic Skills Test (TEAS) prior to BSN supplemental application deadline, with scores calculated for BSN program applicants.
- Applicants who have attended, but not completed, another BSN registered nursing program must provide a letter of good standing from the Dean of the School of Nursing (or designee) that addresses the following: potential for success in a BSN program, safety in providing nursing care, interpersonal communication skills, and other information the director deems important. BSN applicants from an accredited baccalaureate BSN program must also submit course syllabi and topical outlines for all nursing courses to be evaluated for nursing equivalency.
Address: 10501 FGCU Blvd S, Fort Myers, FL 33965
Phone: (239) 590-1000.
Submit your review