- The Division of Nursing at SUNY Farmingdale believes that professional nursing practice is dynamic, responsive, and also relevant to a changing health care system. Nurses provide patient-centered care within a context of ethical principles, legal guidelines, and also standards of practice to guarantee safe, quality, competent care. Through evidence-based practice, nurses incorporate reliable evidence in clinical decision-making and also the management of care to promote, maintain and also restore health.
- Therapeutic communication and also caring interventions are essential to culturally sensitive humanistic nursing care. CCNE certifies the baccalaureate nursing training program along with the New York State Board of Regents.
About the school
- The State University of NY at Farmingdale is an American institution of higher education situated on Long Island in East Farmingdale, NY, United States. Also referred to as Farmingdale State College or SUNY Farmingdale, it is a public technology college of the State University of New York.
- The college was chartered in the year 1912 as a school of applied agriculture under the name of New York State School of Agriculture on Long Island,
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $23,130
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
All applicants to the nursing program must meet the safety and technical standards and have completed the following prerequisites:
High School Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED (Minimum High School GPA of 87)
- Two units of Mathematics (must include Algebra2/Trigonometry)
- Biology with Laboratory (Regents score 75% and above)
- Chemistry with Laboratory (with passing Regents score)
- SAT or ACT test scores
- TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills)
Completion of the minimum pre-requisite courses does not guarantee admission. Applicants are ranked according to grades. The nursing program is highly selective and competitive. Students who are typically admitted have a minimum grade of “B” in all of the prerequisite courses.
Applicants must be eligible for licensure and employment at the time of application.
Address: 2350 Broadhollow Rd, Farmingdale, NY 11735, USA
Submit your review