- The four-year nursing training program at Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University results in a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. The program is developed in 2 stages: (1) pre-professional requirements can be fulfilled at a junior college or even a different institution.
- The training program will provide the beginning of a liberal arts training including the nursing theory and also science required for the full scope of professional nursing duties and knowledge base needed for advanced education in specialised clinical practice.
- Baccalaureate training in nursing offers the first foundation for entrance into training program practice. Once you graduate with a Baccalaureate of Science degree (BSN), you will be ready as a generalist competent at operating in any number of starting leadership positions in various medical/health delivery systems.
About the school
- Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University, popularly known as FAMU, is a public, historically black university in Tallahassee, Florida, United States of America. Florida A&M University was established on the highest of 7 hills in Tallahassee, Florida on October 3, in the year 1887.
- It is one of the largest historically black universities in the United States by enrollment and the only public historically black university in Florida, USA.
- In the year 2017, FAMU become the 1st university to introduce an African-American news network via its School of Journalism and Graphic Communications.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $21,520
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Submit a completed application for admission to Florida A & M University- A completed application for admission to the University must be submitted prior to acceptance to the nursing program.
- High school grade point average of a 3.00 (academic core weighted), 18 academic core units, official transcript and profile of the school attended, SAT and/or ACT requirements,
- Three letters of recommendation (2 letters must be from university/college instructors and 1 from a recent employer or mentor).
- 500 Word Essay: “What qualities or unique characteristics do you possess that would allow you to contribute to the university community”.
- Submit a completed application packet to the Professional Nursing Program.
- Successful completion of all pre-nursing course requirements with at least a grade of “C” and a minimum of 2.9 cumulative GPA in all course work attempted. If the overall GPA is not a 2.9 or higher at the time of application– do not apply.
- Sealed Official Transcripts from all universities/colleges attended including dual enrollment. Each individual transcript must be submitted even if transfer credits are recorded on other transcripts.
- A completed Annual Medical Examination (AME) form. The AME should be dated
during the month prior to the application deadline (September 1st – October 14th for SPRING, April 1st – May 14th for FALL).
Address: 1601 S Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Tallahassee, FL 32301
Submit your review