- Marion Peckham E. School of Nursing at Fairfield University offers undergraduate college students a solid liberal arts education together with the theory-based knowledge and also skills to work in the growing fields of nursing and healthcare. Pupils develop individually and professionally and also become dedicated and compassionate nurses, efficient at providing specialized care to individuals in any setting.
- Upon graduation, students are qualified to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) for licensure as a registered nurse (RN). The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education certifies the School of Nursing programs and also endorsed by the Connecticut Division of Higher Education along with the Connecticut State Board of Examiners of
- For pupils who have acquired a bachelor’s degree in another field for instance in pharmacy, the school offers a Second Degree Training program in an accelerated standard leading to a BSN. Upon completion of prerequisite courses, pupils matriculate and also complete degree requirements in roughly fifteen months. A total of sixty credits must be attained at Fairfield University after the very first degree is awarded.
About the school
- Fairfield University is a non-public, co-educational undergraduate and graduate level university situated in Fairfield, Connecticut, USA, in the New England region of the United States Of America.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $23,225
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
If you are applying as a first-year student, your application and the following supporting credentials must be submitted by the deadline:
- Completed Common Application
- Official secondary school transcript
- Secondary school report form completed by your college counselor
- Personal statement (Common Application Essay)
- $60 application fee or official fee waiver
- SAT or ACT results (If you choose to submit them). Please note that if you choose not to submit test scores, an admission interview is recommended. Refer to our Standardized Test Optional Policy for more details.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is highly recommended if you have resided in the U.S. for fewer than five years and English is not your native language
- Interview (optional)
Special Requirements for Current, Full-Time Fairfield University Undergraduate Students Transfering to the Egan School of Nursing
Admission requirements include:
- An appointment with Adult Program Director for advisement in Freshman or Sophomore year.
- Completion of all the core requirements of the university by the end of junior year with an overall GPA of 3.0.
- Core courses must include one course in applied ethics.
Pre-requisite courses: Must be completed with a grade of B or better. Biology courses need permission from the Health Science Chair Dr. Geoff Church, Chemistry courses require permission from the Department Chair, Dr. Kraig Steffan.
- Bio 107 Anatomy and Physiology I
- Bio 108 Anatomy and Physiology II
- Bio 151 Microbiology
- Chem 84 Chemistry for the Health Sciences
- Ma 17 Introduction to Probability and Statistics or Ma 217 or Py 203
- Py 111 Developmental Psychology for Non-majors or PY 211 Developmental Psychology for Majors
Second Degree BSN Program
Before entering the program, qualified students must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree with an earned GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Have completed the core courses required for a liberal arts degree at Fairfield University, as well as basic science courses:
– English (6 credits) 2 courses
– Ethics (3 credits) 1 course
– Philosophy (3 credits) 1 course
– Religion (3 credits) 1 course
– General Electives (33 credits) 11 courses
- Have completed all prerequisite courses (not older than 10 years) with a grade of B or better through an accredited institution. Any of the courses not completed during your undergraduate work may be taken at Fairfield University or any accredited college or university, part-time, before beginning the Second Degree BSN Program. An advisor will meet with you to review your transcript.
– Anatomy and Physiology (8 credits)
– Chemistry (4 credits)
– Developmental Psychology (3 credits)
– Microbiology (4 credits)
– Statistics (3 credits)
- Schedule an interview with the Advisor for the Second Degree BSN Program
- Complete an application at fairfield.edu/sdnunapp
Address: 1073 N Benson Rd, Fairfield, CT 06824, USA