- East Stroudsburg University’s Division of Nursing as well as one of their clinical partners, Pocono Medical Centre, are satisfied with the development of The Dedicated Educational Unit (DEU).
- The DEU is a clinical setting that is developed into an optimal teaching/learning environment via the collective efforts of nurses, health care team associates, management and also faculty.
- It is built to provide pupils with a positive clinical learning environment that maximizes the achievement of student learning outcomes by capitalizing on the knowledge of both nurses and faculty. Students are incorporated into the workplace in a way that enables them to be an integral part of the workflow and also culture, so they experience a realistic picture of nursing practice.
- Simultaneously the DEU provides a chance for nurses to stay fresh and also motivated in their roles as mentors and also role models, and a way for faculty to stay grounded in present clinical reality.
About the school
- The East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania is a public institution situated in East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, United States. It is among the 14 state universities that compose the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education. It is typically known as ESU by its students and also members of the community.
- The university started its existence in 1893 as a preparatory school for teachers known as the East Stroudsburg Normal School, which was non-public. Ownership was moved to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in the year 1920, and the name was modified to East Stroudsburg State Normal School.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $26,165
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- A complete online application
- A $25 application fee paid online
- Official high school transcript or GED1
- Official College transcript (if applicable)
- SAT and/or ACT test results
Academic achievement is the only factor considered in the selection process, through high school transcripts and standardized test results. Competitive applicants will have at least a “B/3.0” average in a solid college preparatory curriculum. It is expected that successful applicants will have at least:
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of Math to include Algebra 1, Geometry, & Algebra II, a math-based science is recommended for seniors
- 3 years of Science: Biology & Chemistry (with labs), one inquiry-based science such as Physics, Environmental Science, or Earth Science
- 3 years of Social Studies Civics, U.S. History, World History, Geography, or Economics
Address: 200 Prospect St, East Stroudsburg, PA 18301, USA
Submit your review