The A.D. Nursing training program in Essex County College is a regular training program that can be fulfilled in a two-year period (after the training program requirement courses are completed) if you register for an average of fourteen credits each semester.
The nursing training program prepares the pupil for entry-level roles in hospitals and other health-care centers. Upon successful completion of the training program, the pupil is qualified to sit and take the NCLEX-RN examination to be eligible for licensure. Upon satisfactory completion of the training program pupil will earn an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Degree.
About The School
Essex County College (ECC) is an open-door, public two (2) year College situated in Essex County, New Jersey, United States Of America.
Founded in the year 1966 as the public, two (2) year, open access community college of Essex region, it admitted its very first pupils in short-term quarters in Downtown Newark in the year 1968.
Total estimated program cost is USD $13,170
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
You must complete four prerequisites: BIO 121 (Anatomy & Physiology I), ENG 101 (English Composition I), PSY 101 (General Psychology) and CHM 101 (College Chemistry I) or CHM 103 (General Chemistry I).
- Prerequisite courses must be completed by December 31 in the year prior to admission to the Nursing program.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Anatomy & Physiology I must be successfully completed within 5 years of application to be accepted. (Anatomy & Physiology II is not a prerequisite, but like A&P I it will not be counted toward your degree if it was taken more than 5 years ago.)
- Prerequisite courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or higher, and the GPA of the four prerequisite courses must be at least 2.5.
- All prerequisite courses must appear on your Essex County College transcript. Transcripts from other institutions must be received by Enrollment Services by March 1 so they can be reviewed and processed prior to March 31 (the application deadline).
- You must be at college level in Math. If your transcript does not include a college-level math course, your transcript must show that you have completed a developmental math sequence or you will be required to take a placement test, which can be arranged at the Testing Center (Room 4152 in the Green Area).
You must have an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- The ATI TEAS-Nursing entrance examination is required prior to admission to the program. If you met the preliminary requirements, you will receive a letter of eligibility to take the ATI TEAS for RN which will include registration information.
If you have taken an ATI TEAS RN outside of ECC within the current year, send us a copy of your TEAS result. DO NOT retake the TEAS. Do not take the TEAS if you have not received the eligibility letter.
Essex County College
Address: 303 University Ave, Newark, NJ 07102
Submit your review