- Students who choose to major in nursing at Elmhurst College start with 2-years of study in biology, chemistry, psychology and also communication. With its primary objective to prepare its graduates for careers as professional nurses, the nursing major makes sure that each pupil has a sound basis in science as well as other elements of the liberal arts before they start their focus in the field of nursing.
- Elmhurst nursing graduates are awarded the BS degree with a major in nursing. Graduates meet the requirements to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN), which allows them to apply for a license as a registered nurse (RN).
About the school
- Elmhurst College is a comprehensive 4-year non-public liberal arts college in Elmhurst, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago, USA, with a tradition of service-oriented learning. Elmhurst has a connection with the United Church of Christ.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $24,035
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Students interested in nursing will be admitted to Elmhurst College as pre-nursing majors while they work on prerequisite coursework. When a majority of prerequisite coursework is successfully completed, students must apply to the Prelicensure Nursing Program.
The following requirements are necessary to be admitted to the upper division nursing program:
- Submission of official transcripts of every college attended, including transcript of current courses;
- A minimum college-level cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of 2.75;
- Completion of 10 prerequisite natural science and behavioral science courses with a grade of C or better prior to matriculation to the junior year of the pre-licensure nursing program;
- Prerequisite courses: BIO 107, BIO 108, BIO 221, CHM 101, CHM 103, ENG 105, ENG 106, PSY 210, PSY 315 and one college-level mathematics course;
- Earn a cumulative science GPA of 2.75 or better in the prerequisite science courses;
- Must earn a C or better in all nursing prerequisite courses;
- Students may repeat one prerequisite course to replace a W or a letter grade with a point value less than 2.00;
- Students may repeat a maximum of one (1) science prerequisite and one (1) non-science prerequisite.
- A completed Elmhurst College Pre-Licensure Baccalaureate Nursing Program Application, which includes verification of:
- Review of the Elmhurst College Pre-Licensure Baccalaureate Nursing Program Student Handbook
- Health requirements
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Functional abilities to meet program requirements
- Essential qualifications to meet program requirements
- Truthfulness of application to the nursing program
- A personal statement;
- Two letters of recommendation from professors;
- A passing score on the nursing admission exam(s);
- A monitored writing sample before or after the admission examination;
- A letter of recommendation(s) from the director(s)/dean(s) of all nursing programs previously attended. This applies to those who have completed courses or are currently enrolled in nursing courses.
Address: 190 S Prospect Ave, Elmhurst, IL 60126
Phone: (630) 279-4100
Submit your review