El Camino College (ECC) is a two-year public community college situated in the unincorporated area of Los Angeles County referred to as Alondra Park, United States. It is known as “Elco” or “ECC.” It contains 37 buildings spanning an area of approximately 26 acres.
The El Camino Community College District was formally founded as of July 1, 1947. At present the institution serves nearly 23,000 students of different background within the El Camino Community College (ECC) Region, Southern California’s South Bay, as well as the communities of Alondra Park , Del Aire, El Segundo, Hermosa Beach, Hawthorne, Inglewood, Lennox, Ladera Heights, Lawndale, Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, Torrance and View Park–Windsor Hills. El Camino College offers nearly 2,500 various classes offered in some 85 various programs, including vocational, undergraduate and honors courses, many are available on the internet and televised formats for distance education.
El Camino College (ECC) offers a California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) endorsed Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) program. The El Camino College Associate Degree Nursing program is offered on two campuses. The El Camino College Torrance (hereafter ECC) campus is the major campus, and the El Camino College Compton Centre (hereafter CEC) is the second campus. Although the nursing program is offered on two various campuses, the programs function as one nursing program. Students are provided with the knowledge necessary to enter the nursing profession in various health-care settings as an entry-level registered nurse. Degree proficiency is evaluated regularly by evaluations of expected learning results in the clinical setting as well as during course exams; Emphasis is put on the utilization of critical thinking and imaginative problem-solving within the program.
The El Camino College ADN program is a 2 academic year’s duration after completion of program requirements. Acceptance of eligible candidates to the program does not assure graduation from the program/college.
Upon successful completion of the nursing program, the graduates are awarded an Associate Degree in nursing degree and are qualified to take the National Council Licensure Examinations for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
Total program cost is USD $10,120
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Complete the requirements for admission to the college
- Graduate from high school or earn a passing score on the General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or have earned an Associate (AA) or higher degree.
- Effective from fall 2015 students must complete the following prerequisites courses with a minimum 2.5-grade point average: ANATOMY 32, PHYSIOLOGY 31, or ANATOMY 34A/34B and MICROBIOLOGY 33.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 in all college courses completed since high school
- Nursing students will be required to show proof of a valid social security or tax identity number.
- Complete English 1A with a grade of C or better.
- Complete intermediate Algebra (Math 73 OR 80 OR equivalent) or pass the Math Competency School.
El Camino College
Address: 16007 Crenshaw Blvd, Torrance, CA 90506
Submit your review
Leave a Reply