The training program in Eastern Virginia Career College grooms the pupil to enter the profession of nursing as a contributing associate of the discipline to promote, preserve, and bring back the health of clients in many different settings. This is a 15-month training program suitable for pupils who choose nursing as a profession. The program’s curriculum offers high-quality theoretical, laboratory and also clinical experiences making sure the pupil opportunities to build as a nurse and also as a person.
General Education Courses are needed, such as College English, Anatomy and Physiology, Humanities, Behavioral Science, and also College Math. These may be taken as the very first semester of this training program.
The EVCC Associate of Applied Science Degree Nursing Training program holds its pre-accreditation standing from the National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Eastern Virginia Career College (EVCC) is a non-public college situated in Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA. It was initially procured as an unaccredited Health and Beauty Academy in the year 2000, and become known as Career Training Solutions, a post-secondary institution nationally certified by the Council on Occupational Education in the year 2002. The school’s very first Associate degree training program, Registered Nursing, was launched in 2008. In August 2015, the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia endorsed Career Training Solutions as a “degree granting” institution once another Associates of Applied Science degree training program, Occupational Therapy Assistant, was included in its educational offerings. At present, Eastern Virginia Career College is the region’s very first career college focused upon adult career education.
For fifteen (15) years, Career Training Solutions, right now Eastern Virginia Career College has accomplished its basic objective to educate and also train college students to be specialists in career fields that employers regionally and also nationally are in-demand for their workforce.
Total estimated program cost is USD $37,370
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Complete and submit an application for admission;
- Provide proof of high school graduation such as a diploma or transcript with a graduation date. If this is from a foreign high school it must be officially translated into English and officially certified as the equivalent of a high school completion in the United States;
- Pay a non-refundable application fee;
- Complete and sign an enrollment agreement (must be co-signed by a parent or guardian if the applicant is under 18 years of age);
- Complete and submit all pertinent forms and supporting documentation to determine eligibility if financial assistance is desired.
- Applicant must have completed high school or college chemistry or biology,
- or equivalent with a “C” or better;
- Submit official transcripts from all secondary and post-secondary schools attended; General education courses to be transferred must be taken at an institution accredited by a national or regional agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education, and that faculty members teaching the general education course must hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with 18 post graduate credits in discipline being taught;
- Standardized pre-admission testing is required. Scores in the upper 50th percentile of the national average will receive priority consideration in the application process;
- Applicants will be expected to have earned a “C” or better in general education courses for the Associate of Applied Science Degree;
- Interview with Admissions Board;
Admission into the LPN to RN Transition Program Applicants must also meet the following criteria:
- Provide proof of a current, active unencumbered LPN license;
- GPA of 2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale from LPN studies;
- Non-Eastern Virginia Career College LPN graduates must provide official transcripts that document all previous post-secondary work;
- LPN applicants graduating from a program other than Eastern Virginia Career College may be required to validate comparable LPN program requirements. Faculty may validate using nationally normed tests and clinical competency requirements;
- Non-Eastern Virginia Career College LPN graduates must submit two letters of recommendation from practicing RNs or former instructors;
- Current certification of cardiopulmonary resuscitation for health care professionals.
Address: 10304 Spotsylvania Ave. Suite 400 Fredericksburg, VA 22408
Submit your review
Leave a Reply