The Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) program is run with the endorsement of the State Board of Nursing. Upon successful completion of the course requirements, graduates receive Associate of Applied Science degree certificates in nursing and qualify to sit for the state licensure examination (RN-NCLEX) to become a licensed registered nurse.
About the school
Eastern Idaho Technical College is a regional technical college founded in 1969 in Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States. The college has different divisions which include: Office, and Technology; Business, Trades, and Industry; General Education and Health Professions.. Eastern Idaho Technical College also offers courses in GED testing and workforce training as well as adult basic education. It was initially named Eastern Idaho Vocational Technical School but later got Northwest Accreditation in 1982 and became eligible for federal aid programs.
Total program cost for residents is around $29,000 and $42,000 for out of state residents.
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Complete and turn in the APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION if you are going into a Degree/Certificate-seeking program. There is a $15 non-refundable fee for the application.
- Submit placement scores, i.e. SAT, ACT.
- TAKE PLACEMENT TEST– There is a $15 non-refundable fee for the placement test that can be paid in the cashier’s office – Room 327.
CONTACT EITC TESTING CENTER
Room 350, Christofferson Building
Call to schedule an appointment to test – (208) 535-5438
Monday 1-8 pm
Wednesday 1-8 pm
Friday 8 am-1 pm
REQUIRED AT TESTING:
- Copy of your receipt
- A valid Picture ID
- No calculator and no children
- TAKE PROGRAM SPECIFIC TESTING (See Advisor for more information)
- Have TRANSCRIPTS sent from last High School/GED attended(MUST be an official copy in sealed envelope or sent electronically directly from your school.)
- Have TRANSCRIPTS sent from all previously attended Colleges(MUST be an official copy in sealed envelope sent electronically directly from your school.)
- Make an appointment with a COUNSELORat (208) 524-3000
- Medical Programs – Justin Esplin
- Non-Medical Programs – Becca Franco
- Undecided – Center for New Directions (208) 535-5363
Enrollment in the ADN program is limited. Because of the number of applicants, completion of all admission requirements does not ensure acceptance into the program. Candidates for admission are selected from the pool of qualified applicants using a point-based process. EITC no longer requires students to complete a licensed practical nursing program as a prerequisite to enroll in its registered nursing program.
The nursing program at Eastern Tech is an LPN to ADN program. In order to qualify to apply to the program, a prospective student must be working, licensed LPN’s or LVN’s in Idaho. This is different from some programs in other states at other schools, where a student may be able to attend the LPN-RN program immediately upon completing their LVN courses and obtaining their LPN license, even if they have never practiced. This program takes three semesters and one summer term to complete.
Eastern Idaho Technical College
Department of Nursing
1600 South 25th East
Idaho Falls, Idaho 83404
(208) 524-3000, Ex. 3421
Submit your review
Leave a Reply