- The Baccalaureate syllabus in nursing provides for four academic years and also one summer session of study in general education and also professional nursing. Clinical practice for pupils is planned in combination with classroom instruction and also involves placements in over fifty agencies including hospitals, home health, public health, non-public homes, schools, clinics as well as other community organizations.
- The undergraduate program mirrors societal needs for nursing services and also current changes in the roles of nurses in the health care system, and also emphasizes essential concepts in the preparation of the nurse generalist.
- Students are accepted to the major after completing needed prerequisite course work in the humanities and the social, behavioral, and also natural sciences. The school also admits registered nurses (RNs) into the Baccalaureate training program and also recognizes their previous knowledge and also competencies via various advanced placement strategies.
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education certifies the Baccalaureate training program at the East Carolina University College of Nursing.
- The BSN training program readies nurse generalists with the skills, knowledge and also competencies required for professional practice as a provider, manager or perhaps coordinator of care in various environments.
About the school
- East Carolina University is a public, doctoral and research school in Greenville, North Carolina, United States of America.
- Named East Carolina University by statute and also typically referred to as ECU or East Carolina, the institution is the third-largest in North Carolina. The Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities designates East Carolina as a Sea Grant university and also an Innovation and also Economic Prosperity campus.
- Established on March 8, 1907, as a teacher training institution, East Carolina has grown from 43 acres to roughly 1,600 acres (647 ha) at present.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $21,290
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- First Step: Apply to East Carolina University
- Second Step: Apply to the College of Nursing
Eligibility for the nursing major is dependent upon at least a “C” in each of the specified mathematics, biology and chemistry courses, and a minimum overall grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
The College of Nursing ranking formula, used to determine admission to the College of Nursing, is composed of points awarded for cumulative GPA and success in the previously mentioned specified courses.
Student must take the HESI Admission Assessment (A2) as part of their application to the BSN option. Students taking the HESI A2 will be required to score a minimum of 75 on each of 5 subsections (Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary & General Knowledge, Basic Math Skills, Biology, and Anatomy & Physiology). Admission decisions are based on the ranking formula and performance on the pre-admission entrance exam.
NOTE: For January 2018 admission cycle and forward, ONLY the HESI A2 will be accepted.
Admission for the BSN program is very competitive. Approximately 130 students are admitted to the major each semester.
- All students enter the university as general college students with an intended major of nursing. Upon admission to the clinical courses, students may declare the major.
- Any student who receives a degree from East Carolina University must complete, in regular class attendance at East Carolina University, a minimum of 30 semester hours and at least half of the total hours in the major discipline.
- The required resident study does not need to be accomplished in consecutive semesters. One-half of the minimum semester hours in the student’s program must be earned at a senior college.
Address: E 5th St, Greenville, NC 27858, USA
Submit your review