The nursing program at East Central Community College is built to prepare men and women to become nurses at the associate degree level. The program consists of a balance of general education and also nursing courses to provide an excellent theoretical base for nursing practice.
Clinical encounters are concurrent with the theory component throughout the four semesters. Graduates will earn an Associate of Applied Science Degree (AAS) and will meet the criteria of the State Board of Nursing to apply and write the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
The Associate Degree Nursing Training program is certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
About The School
East Central Community College is a junior college situated in Decatur, Mississippi, United States. East Central Community College serves a five (5) county district: Leake, Newto, Neshoba, Scott and Winston counties. It started in September 1928.
The “Warriors” is the name of the East Central Community College athletic team, and their colors are black and gold. They are an associate of the NJCAA Region 23.
Total program cost is USD $15,330
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- The applicant must apply for regular admission and be accepted by the College.
- The applicant must apply to the Associate Degree Nursing Program.
- The applicant must have a minimum ACT composite score of 18.
- The applicant must have a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or better.
- All applicants are required to complete Anatomy & Physiology I and Anatomy & Physiology II with labs (or upper level equivalents) and Microbiology with lab (or upper level equivalent) and earn a grade of “C” or better in each course prior to taking the first nursing course. An applicant may be accepted into the ADN program prior to completing these courses, but these courses must be completed in the summer prior to beginning nursing classes in the fall.
- All applicants will be required, at the student’s expense, to take a HESI A2 pre-entrance examination test as specified by the Office of Healthcare Education.
- All applicants selected for admission into the ADN program must submit proof of the following items: physical examination (obtained in June or July of the year of admission); immunizations against measles, mumps, rubella (MMR), or rubella titer; Hepatitis B vaccine, or signed declination statement; TB skin test (2 step TB test required if not tested in previous 12 months); and American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR Course (completed in June or July of the year of admission). All submissions are due in the Office of Healthcare Education on or before July 31 of the year of admission.
To be considered for acceptance into the ADN program, the applicant’s file must be complete in the Office of Admissions and Records and the Office of Healthcare Education. The student is responsible for ensuring that the data in the file is correct by the application deadline.
East Central Community College
Address: 275 W Broad St, Decatur, MS 39327
Submit your review