East Arkansas Community College is a community College in Forrest City, Arkansas in the Arkansas Delta, USA. The college started holding classes on August 26, 1974.
East Arkansas Community College is a full-service community institution that serves a major portion of Eastern Arkansas. East Arkansas Community College faculty and staff are devoted to providing students of various age groups and stages of life access to high standard and affordable education. This Community College offers students various academic, allied health, technical, vocational, business and industry training and non-credit programs plus a core of general education classes that are totally transferable to other state-supported colleges and universities.
Students have the choice of taking classes at the campus in Forrest City, the Wynne Centre, and several other destinations within the five-county service area. Evening classes, distance learning and online classes alternatives are offered every semester.
East Arkansas Community College has one amongst the cheapest tuition fees in the state, and tuition discounts are available for pupils aged 50 Years and above. Furthermore, the College offers a complete range of academic and also technical scholarships, as well as monetary aid and payment alternatives
The Associate of Applied Science Nursing Training program is a fundamental part of East Arkansas Community College and derives its belief from the mission and goals of the college. The philosophy guides the nursing faculty in providing excellence educational opportunities.
The faculty of East Arkansas Community College, Associate of Applied Science Nursing Program, believes: Every person is unique, innately worthy of respect and dignity and can contribute creatively to the environment. The person is seen as many-sided with physiological, psychological, sociocultural, and spiritual components. The individual’s conduct is inspired by a set of basic human needs and can quickly adapt to environmental changes as they advance through the life span.
Upon completion of the program of study, the graduate is prepared to:
- Combine knowledge and principles from the sciences and also humanities into nursing practice.
- Function as part of the interdisciplinary healthcare group in selected health-care functions with culturally diverse clients, families, and communities across the lifespan.
- Communicate therapeutically and also efficiently with clients, families, significant others and other health-care merchants.
Total program cost is USD $10,200
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
To be eligible for admission, the applicant must:
- Be admitted to East Arkansas Community College
- Complete any required pre-college level courses.
- Have an overall 2.80 grade point average (GPA) on transcripts from any and all colleges attended in the past ten years. (High school GPA may be considered if student does not have a college GPA.)
- Credit for college math and science courses must be not older than 5 years.
East Arkansas Community College
Address: 1700 Newcastle Rd, Forrest City, AR 72335
Submit your review