The nursing training program of study in Tipton County is built to prepare persons to meet the specifications to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurse (NCLEX-RN). The Nursing Training program is a daytime training program that is available at the Dyersburg State Community College Jimmy Naifeh Center at Tipton County. New nursing class is admitted each and every Spring September 1, is the due date for applications- no exceptions.
The Nursing Training program graduate possesses the skills essential to assume the role of an entry-level practitioner in an organized healthcare environment such as a hospital or even extended care facility. High school pupils who are enthusiastic about pursuing a nursing degree are advised to take classes in biology, chemistry and also mathematics. Certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing and Endorsed by the Tennessee Board of Nursing
About The School
Dyersburg State Community College is a Tennessee Board of Regents-operated community school in Dyersburg, Tennessee, United States. Dyersburg State was established in the year 1969. Classes are conducted on the main campus in Dyersburg and at outlets in Covington and also Trenton, USA.
Total estimated tuition fee $15,990
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- The applicant must be accepted to DSCC as a regular admission student.
- The applicant must submit a completed Application for Nursing to the Division of Nursing by the deadline specified: September 1 for Spring Admission-DSCC Jimmy Naifeh Center at Tipton County, and March 1 for Fall Admission-Dyersburg Campus. This application is in addition to the DSCC Application for Admission.
- Applicants admitted from a high school must have a minimum 2.5 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale).
- Submission of an official copy of a high school transcript verifying a Regular or Honors diploma and the date of graduation.
- Applicants with prior college credits must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) for all courses comprising the nursing curriculum and a minimum grade of “C” in each course in the nursing curriculum. For repeated courses, the most recent grade will be used in the calculation of the nursing grade point average. By the application deadline for the Nursing Program, official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and/or universities must be submitted to the Office of Records and to the Division of Nursing for evaluation. Failure to provide documentation as requested will result in the rejection of the student’s application. At any time after a student has been admitted to the Nursing Program, if the student failed to submit all high school and/or college transcripts for review for admission, he/she will be dismissed from the Nursing Program at the point of discovery.
- Each applicant is required to have on file his/her test results from the required preadmission examination Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) for Registered Nurses. Details regarding the dates, times, place and cost of the test are available from the Testing Office or at www.dscc.edu. Test fees are non-refundable. The test score will remain in the applicant file for three years from the testing date; if the student reapplies after three years, he/she must retake the preadmission examination again. Students must reapply for each class to be considered; the Division of Nursing does not keep a waiting list of applicants.
- Admission into the Nursing Program will be based on a point system. The point system will be based upon the Preadmission Examination test score, GPA, Anatomy and Physiology I, English Composition, and Statistics taken with a grade of “B” or above, and prior healthcare experience.
- The new high school graduate will be assessed for admission differently. Points will be given for the Preadmission Examination test score; high school GPA; the math, science and reading sections of the ACT test.
Dyersburg State Community College Jnc at Tipton County Covington- Campus
Address: 3149 Hwy. 51 S., Covington, TN 38019
Submit your review