The Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) training program in Dixie State University grooms pupils to assume the position of registered nurse (RN). As soon as pupils have completed all prerequisite courses, the ADN training program may be fulfilled in 3 semesters.
Graduates of this training program will receive an Associate of Applied Science degree and are qualified for registered nurse licensure upon successful completion of the NCLEX-RN licensure examination. ADN graduates may continue via the RN to BSN training program inasmuch as they remain in good standing with DSU. There may be extra co-requisite or general education courses needed for the RN to BSN training program.
About The School
Dixie State University (generally known as DSU or even, colloquially, Dixie) is an extensive public university situated in St. George, Utah, USA. The institution offers 19 associate’s degrees, 48 bachelor’s degrees, 36 minors, and also 15 certificates/endorsements.
As of Fall 2016, there are 8,993 pupils enlisted at Dixie State University, and the University has a 100% acceptance rate. The student body is 53% female and also 47% male, and Dixie State University is in the top 3 for variety in the state of Utah, with 22.3% of the student body being minority pupils.
Total estimated program cost is USD $11,800
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Students must have completed the series of 3 vaccinations for Hepatitis B before applying to the ADN program. To be eligible for clinical rotations, documentation of a reactive titer blood test must be on file. For questions about this requirement, email [email protected].
- Applications must be submitted electronically. Paper applications will not be accepted.
- BIOL 2320/25 and BIOL 2420/25 must be completed not more than 7 years prior to admission.
- Students will be required to take an admissions exam which will evaluate the student’s projected academic success in the program. The exam is the Kaplan Nursing School Entrance Exam.
- All prerequisite courses must be completed before the first semester of the ADN program with a minimum “C” grade, and have a cumulative prerequisite GPA of 3.0.
- Current CNA certification or LPN licensure is required for admission into the ADN program.
- (MA and/or EMT do not substitute for this certification.)
Dixie State University
Address: 225 S 700 E, St George, UT 84770, USA
Submit your review
Leave a Reply