The Division of Nurse Education in Del Mar College offers numerous entry/exit (MEEP) programs. Pupils may enter the vocational nursing (VN), or associate in applied science degree (AAS) registered nursing training program. The AAS nursing training program demands completion of all four semesters. The AAS pupils may also decide to take two VN courses and meet the specifications to take the NCLEX-PN at the conclusion of the 3rd semester before completion of the AAS nursing training program.
The registered nursing course is delivered on-campus as well as web-based. All candidates must meet common admission prerequisites of the College along with the health sciences programs and submit a fulfilled application for admission. The Training program is certified via the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) and also Texas Board of Nursing.
About The School
Del Mar College is a community college in Corpus Christi, Texas, United States, established in 1935. Del Mar College encompasses two main campuses and one campus annex with merged physical assets of over $99 million.
Total estimated program cost is USD $13,576
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Application and current admission to Del Mar College.
- Students must successfully complete the pre-requisites for the program -BIOL 2401 (A&P), BIOL 2402 (A&P), PSYC 2301 General Psychology, and ENGL 1301 Composition I. And must be completed within five (5) years.
- Applicants are required to take the HESI A2 standardized assessment exam. The HESI A2 test is a timed, computerized test which is usually completed in 3-4
- TSI Complete- The Reading, English, and Math (REM) assessment levels must be at a level 3 as determined by Del Mar College prior to admission to the program.
- A minimum of a 5 GPA calculated from the specified program general education courses found on the nurse education degree plan is required for admission into the Program. The Program GPA (PGPA) is calculated using the general education courses on the nurse education degree plans.
- Students who have successfully completed one or more semesters of nursing
courses at another school and want to transfer must meet the same admission
requirements as other nursing students. Students must meet the DMC requirements for admission and submit a letter in writing requesting transfer to the Department of Nurse Education Chair accompanied by a letter of “Good Standing” from the previous nursing program attended.
Del Mar College
Address: 101 Baldwin Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX 78404, USA
Submit your review