- The BS in Nursing degree was created at Defiance College as a reaction to the community identifying the need for Baccalaureate prepared nurses. The BSN offers extensive career options for individuals in the nursing discipline by merging technical aspects of nursing with the leadership competencies necessary in today’s dynamic healthcare environment. Pupils at Defiance College have the best of 2 worlds: outstanding liberal arts and also advanced nursing education at Defiance College with high-quality technical education at Northwest State Community College.
- In DC’s 1+2+1 nursing training program, they offer the BSN degree in partnership with NSCC. Northwest State Community College is situated 14 miles from Defiance College’s campus. The very first year is taken at Defiance College. As a freshman, pupils get the complete college experience at Defiance College. Courses taken as a freshman includes pre-professional and also liberal arts requirements. In this year, students are required to take the nursing PAX pre-admission examination to meet the requirements to attend NSCC.
About the school
- Defiance College is an extremely small, highly residential college situated in Defiance, Ohio, United States Of America. It is an independent, co-educational liberal arts school associated with the United Church of Christ. The campus includes 18 buildings and also access to the 200-acre Thoreau Wildlife Sanctuary.
- The college started as Defiance Female Seminary in 1850 as well as was commissioned by the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) to provide education for young women. William Curtis Holgate, a local entrepreneur, donated the majority of the campus.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $27,190
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- A completed Defiance College application for admission.
- A $25.00 non-refundable application fee (waived if the student applies online or visits campus).
- Submit official examination scores: ACT composite score of 21 or the SAT combined score of old test 980 and new test 1060 are required of all applicants to the freshman class.
- An official high school transcript sent directly from the high school with a 3.0 cumulative grade point average (4.0 scale) or General Educational Development (GED) average minimum of 500.
- An official transcript from each college and university sent directly from the institution to the Defiance College Admissions Office.
Acceptance to Defiance College and meeting the minimum application requirements does not guarantee a student entrance into the nursing program at Northwest State Community College (see below).
- Complete the application for Northwest State Community College in the Spring of freshman year.
- Receive at least the 50th percentile relative performance on each of the three sections of the National League of Nursing PAX pre-admission exam. (This exam can be retaken one time only and you must wait six months after the first attempt before retesting.)
- Have received both (1) a B or better in high school chemistry or take a college chemistry course, and (2) a B or better in a high school biology course or take a college biology course before enrolling at Northwest State.
- Successfully complete first-year coursework at Defiance College with at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Complete the State Test Nurse Aide (STNA) Certification class.
- Be Basic Life Support (BLS) certified.
Address: 701 N Clinton St, Defiance, OH 43512, USA
Submit your review