Daymar College’s Associate of Science Degree Nursing (ADN) training program, offered at Daymar’s Owensboro campus, has obtained complete approval from the Kentucky Board of Nursing.
The Associate of Science Degree in Nursing Education incorporates general education foundations and core theory which recognizes skills both particular to and also overlapping with differentiated degrees of “nursing” practice. These skills differ by degree of practice, forms of patients served, practice functions, and the intricacy of skill sets.
The educational aspects of the College’s nursing training program of study will address the accomplishment of particular skills within an identified level of nursing and also an organizational structure for thinking. This agenda provides the foundation for beginning professional nursing practice. Both basic general and also nursing education programs expose the pupil to conditions for providing safe, efficient, patient-centered, timely, effective care for confident and experienced professional nursing practice within a culturally delicate surroundings.
The program is designed for regular students to complete the training program in twenty-four months (24).
About the school
Daymar College is a for-profit institution centered in Owensboro, Kentucky, United States Of America. Established in 1963 and functioned as Owensboro Business College until 2001, Daymar College offers a lot more than thirty-five career tracks in 22 various academic programs.
Total estimated program cost is USD $13,560
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
SFS140 Strategies for Success
ENG101 General English
BIO140 Anatomy & Physiology I
PSY202 Principles of Psychology
BIO141 Anatomy & Physiology I
MTH103 College Math
BIO145 Microbiology for Nursing
PSY205 Growth and Development
- Complete all enrollment documents including the application and enrollment agreement along with the College disclosure forms as applicable. Applicants under the age of 18 are required to obtain a parent or guardian signature on the enrollment agreement and other enrollment documents. Provide proof of high school diploma or a General Educational Development diploma (GED), or its equivalent as determined by the College.
- Obtain a minimum of 25 points which is derived by the evaluation of the following:
- Overall weighted average score on the following content sections of the Health Education Systems, Inc. Admission Assessment (HESI A2) examination: Math, Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary and General Knowledge and Grammar
- Overall Grade Point Average (GPA) based upon approved transfer credit(s) of the required non-nursing courses in the program
- Additional criteria (when applicable):
- Score of 75% or greater on Vocabulary & General Knowledge section of the HESI A2
- Score of 75% or greater on Reading Comprehension section of the HESI A2
iii. Completion of a Medicaid Nurse Aide Course
- Currently working with an unrestricted registry listing and have at least one (1) year experience
- Submit official transcripts for any transfer credits to be considered from other institutions previously attended at the time of applying for admission. All Anatomy and Physiology and/or Microbiology courses must have been completed within the last five years with a grade of “C” or better in order for courses to be considered for possible transfer credit.
- Meet the English Language Proficiency policy.
Address: Tim Ferguson 3361 Buckland Square Owensboro KY, 42301
Phone: (270) 926-4040
Submit your review