- Concordia University at Portland offers a small, caring Christian community that encourages student and also faculty interaction, individual attention, and also spiritual growth– all backed with a focus on service. Nursing pupils here receive invaluable, practical preparation with real-world application in various settings. As a result, Concordia nursing graduates learn how to care for the whole patient– mind, body, and also spirit– and are prepared to promote health, offer high-quality bedside care, and also provide leadership, both within health care agencies and in the broader community.
- Beginning your freshman year at Concordia University, you will have a chance to counsel with advisors and also meet professors. The Concordia University chemistry and also biology courses are a particularly solid basis for you to understand health, disease, and also treatment.
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education certifies the Baccalaureate degree in a nursing training program at Concordia University in Portland.
About the school
- Concordia University is a non-public, non-profit, Lutheran liberal arts institution in Portland, Oregon in the USA. Unveiled in the year 1905 as a University-preparatory school, the University added college classes in 1950 and the high school formally divided in the year 1977.
- The school of roughly 5,400 undergraduate and also graduate students is associated with the Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod as well as the Concordia University System.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $28,430
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
All Freshmen Pre-Nursing applications will be reviewed on the below priority deadline dates. December 1st applications will be given first priority, February 1st applications second priority and third priority will be given to applications received by March 1st. Acceptance into the Freshmen Pre-Nursing program is determined by the capacity for the Fall semester.
- You may apply online for free or you may download the print application and submit it with your $40 application fee (online application is free). On your application, indicate “Nursing” as your area of study.
- Request official transcripts of academic coursework completed to date. All final transcripts are required upon graduation.
- Submit ether SAT-I or ACT scores. The college code numbers for the tests are: SAT 4079; ACT 3458.
- Request two letters of recommendation from two different sources to be submitted to CU on your behalf (preferably from a science or math teacher that can attest to your qualifications as a strong candidate for our Nursing program). Concordia University will accept your recommendation on the downloadable recommendation form or as a personal letter.
- Submit a one page, typed essay on “Why I want to become a Nurse.”
Address: 2811 NE Holman St, Portland, OR 97211, USA
Submit your review