- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing training program is devoted to the undergraduate education of a professional nurse who combines Christian values into the practice of nursing. The baccalaureate nursing training program prepares graduates for professional practice in various health care settings and also for continued professional development and also graduate study.
- Graduates meet the requirements to take the National Council Licensure Exam for Registered nurse practice.
- The baccalaureate nursing training program has the full authorization of the South Carolina Board of Nursing. Information regarding the training program is provided to the Board of Nursing. The training program is nationally certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
- The School of Nursing does not discriminate by race, age, religion, national origin, sex, marital status or even disability in the administration of admittance and also educational policies.
About the school
- Charleston Southern University, established in 1964 as Baptist School, is a private comprehensive university situated in North Charleston, South Carolina, United States. Charleston Southern University enrolls 3,600 students.
- The school is certified by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to honor Bachelor’s and also master’s degrees. CSU pupils can choose from over 50 undergraduate majors and also graduate programs in business, criminal justice, graphic design, computer science, Christian Studies, Education and also nursing.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $23,780
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
The BSN program at CSU is a competitive-entry program, and admission to the university does not guarantee admission to the nursing program.
- Student of record at CSU at time of application
- 90 GPA on 4.0 scale in Pre-Nursing Prerequisite Courses with a “C” or better in each course
- Completion of required math and science prerequisites within 5 years of application date
- Completion of the required nursing admission exam at expense of the student
- Submission of College of Nursing application for intended semester of admission
- March 15th deadline for Fall Semester Admission
- October 15th deadline for Spring Semester Admission
Required Pre-Nursing Prerequisite Courses:
Suggested Sequence for Pre-Nursing Course Schedule
- ENGL 111 English Composition I 3
- MATH 105 Intro to Math Structures* 3
- CHEM 110 Concepts of Chemistry w/ Lab 4
- BIOL 226 Anatomy & Physiology I w/ Lab 4
- CHST 111 Survey of Old Testament** 3
- ENGL 112 English Composition II 3
- PSYC 110 General Psychology 3
- BIOL 220 Microbiology w/ Lab 4
- BIOL 227 Anatomy & Physiology II w/ Lab 4
- NURS 102 Foundations of Nursing 3
Address: 9200 University Blvd, North Charleston, SC 29406, USA
Submit your review