- CSB/SJU offers a 4-year Bachelor of Science degree with a major in nursing.
- They are excited about their 40-year tradition of preparing active professional nurse leaders for modern nursing practice within a Catholic/Benedictine liberal arts set up.
- The Faculty is deeply devoted to excellence in student learning, teaching, service, and also a scholarship.
- The program is structured around the AACN Essentials for Baccalaureate Nursing Education.
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education certifies the baccalaureate training program at the College of Saint Benedict/Saint John’s University.
- All pupils will complete a cultural immersion experience either locally or perhaps globally in places, like, Belize, South Africa as well as the Dominican Republic.
About the school
- The College of Saint Benedict, women’s institution, and Saint John’s University, men’s school, are non-public liberal arts schools respectively situated in St. Joseph and Collegeville, Minnesota, near St. Cloud, United States.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $22,470
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- CSB/SJU students may apply for acceptance to the Nursing major by May 1 of each year by completing the Application to the Nursing Major Form.
- Applicants must meet the minimum prerequisite course GPA requirement of 2.75 and complete all prerequisite courses with a grade of C or higher in each course.
- Prerequisite courses include Biology 101, Biology 212, Psychology 111, Nursing 220, Chemistry 125, and Nutrition 125.
We offer an Early Admission Program for High School Seniors
Early Admission Program (EAP)
ACT/SAT scores are strong predictors of success in the nursing curriculum. CSB/SJU will guarantee admission to the nursing major at the time of enrollment to the college for students who meet the following qualifications. If the student meets the initial EAP requirements, they are automatically qualified and will receive a letter indicating their acceptance to EAP from the Nursing Department. No additional notification will be provided.
Qualifications for EAP Admission:
- ACT composite score of 27 or higher, combined SAT two-subject score of 1290 or higher, or combined SAT three-subject score of 1820 or higher at time of application to the college. The ACT or SAT composite score is not superscored for EAP qualification. The Nursing Early Admission Program will accept ACT/SAT scores taken before March 1 of the applicant’s senior year of high school.
- The student must indicate nursing as his or her area of interest at the time of application to the college. The student must be a new, entering first-year student. Therefore, if a student graduated from high school, started a college career elsewhere, and is now transferring to CSB/SJU, the student is not eligible for the EAP program.
Please note: The ACT/SAT requirement is evaluated on a regular basis and is subject to change.
To retain eligibility in the Early Admission Program a student must:
- Attain a GPA of 3.0 or higher in prerequisite courses by the end of spring semester in the first year.
- Attain a minimum of a BC in each prerequisite course. (The CSB/SJU grading scale is as follows: A, AB, B, BC, C, CD, D, F).
If a student does not retain EAP eligibility, they can still apply to the nursing program and be considered for acceptance.
Address: 2850 Abbey Plaza, Collegeville, MN 56321
Submit your review