- The nursing training program at Crown College complements the college’s devotion to academic excellence by preparing highly competent nursing professionals who practice Christian compassion and also caring in various global health care environments. Pupils who graduate with a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) from Crown College meet the criteria to apply to take the NCLEX (National Council Licensure Examination) for registered nurses.
- Program curriculum and also teaching methodologies are structured within a four-year education plan to meet the criteria for entry level practice. A liberal education dependent on the sciences along with the arts and also Christian studies establishes the groundwork for students.
- Crown College nursing graduates rank great for passing the NCLEX-RN (National Council Licensure Examination), a national exam for the licensing of nurses in the In the year 2016, 86 .67% of Crown’s graduating class passed the NCLEX-RN as first-time testers, making them highly competing for new graduate roles within weeks of acquiring their BSN degree.
About the school
- Crown College is a non-public Christian College in St. Bonifacius, an exurb of the Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan region, Minnesota, United States. It is associated with the Christian and Missionary Alliance as well as being certified by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, along with the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. The School is also an associate of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities.
- Starting in 1916 with 4-students who wanted to study the Bible, Crown College swiftly developed into a training school for individuals enthusiastic about ministry and missionary preparation. Several years later, it became referred to as St Paul Bible Institute.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $22,130
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
The following are minimum threshold requirements to be considered for
acceptance into the Crown College Nursing Department. Space may be limited;
however, and not all qualified applicants are guaranteed acceptance.
- Achieve a cumulative GPA of at least 2.75, pending spring grades. GPA will be calculated based on all current/previous college-level coursework.
- Complete all prerequisite courses with a grade of C+ or higher, pending spring grades, and with no prerequisite course being taken more than twice.
- Complete standardised pre-admission testing (Kaplan Admission Test), administered through the Nursing Department, at or above the threshold determined by the Nursing Department.
- Be recommended for acceptance to the Nursing Department by one person outside the Nursing Department.
- Proof of current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Health Care Provider through Red Cross or American Heart Association.
- Submit to a background check, completed by the Nursing Department, and receive a satisfactory result. This data may be shared with clinical agencies prior to the student beginning a clinical experience.
- Demonstrate a level of personal health consistent with safe nursing practice as determined in a physical examination.
- Must provide one of the following negative TB test results within past 12 months:
o Two-step Mantoux if no prior Mantoux within past 12 months
o Single-step Mantoux along with proof of prior Mantoux within past 12 months
o Clear chest x-ray within past 5 years for those who have had a positive reading.
- Provide documentation for rubella, rubeola, Hepatitis B series, mumps, varicella, Tetanus and Pertussis (10 year intervals). May opt to provide proof of immunity via titer (blood draw).
- Comply with all policies and procedures of the most current Nursing Department Student Handbook and the most recent edition of the Crown College Catalog (including Christian Service).
Address: 8700 College View Dr, St Bonifacius, MN 55375
Submit your review