The BSN degree has four enrollment pathways to accommodate individuals from varying educational experiences. They are as follows:
- The Early Decision Option (EDO) is a formal understanding between the high school student and also Cox College in which the pupil may be granted admission to Cox College and also the BSN training program.
- The Entry-Level track (BSN to EL), which provides a 4-year baccalaureate degree leading to eligibility for Registered Nurse (RN)
- The Accelerated path (BSN to ACC), which provides a Baccalaureate degree in nursing leading to eligibility for Registered Nurse licensure for persons with a Bachelor’s degree in a different discipline.
- RN to BSN/MSN Completion (RN to BSN/MSN), which provides a Baccalaureate degree in nursing for registered nurses (RN).
About the school
- Cox College a non-public College of approximately 900 pupils near the center of Springfield, Missouri, USA. The Institution offers Associate, Bachelors and also Master’s degrees in Nursing, Masters in Nutrition Diagnostics, Bachelors in Diagnostic Imaging, Masters in Occupational Therapy, Associate degrees in both Radiography and Medical Assisting, and a certificate in Medical Billing and Medical Coding.
- They provide interaction with faculty in small classes, varied pupil practical experience with CoxHealth, and also student leadership opportunities. On July 15, 2008, the College Board of Trustees nominated to shorten the name to Cox College. The CoxHealth Board of Directors reaffirmed the judgment, and the modification became certified when the Higher Learning Commission also endorsed.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $24,160
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
The Early Decision Option
Candidates who are high school students desiring to be admitted by the early decision option must successfully complete the following:
- Application deadline of June 1st for Fall start
- ACT of 25 or better;
- High school diploma
- Must have a “B” or greater on all College bound high school requirements
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA on current coursework
- Submit BSN EDO application
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
- Completion of the admissions process for Cox College.
- Completion of Intermediate Algebra or higher or prove math proficiency (not required for BSN Accelerated applicants).
- Minimum of a 2.75 cumulative GPA for the program general education courses.
- Minimum of a 2.5 or higher cumulative GPA for science courses. Courses include: Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, Microbiology and Nutrition.
- ASN requirement: Completion of at least 1 core science and 3 additional general education courses. A minimum of 12 credit hours completed. Intermediate Algebra does not count towards the 12 credit minimum.
- BSN Entry requirement: A minimum of 37 credit hours completed, balance of those courses with an asterisk (*), ,must be complete by the start of the program.
- BSN Accelerated requirement:All listed courses must be complete by the start of the program.
- Complete the HESI A2 Exam.
Applicants are not eligible to apply to this program if they have:
- Failed the drug screen two previous times for Cox College.
- Previously failed the background check for Cox College.
- Declined acceptance into any program two previous times.
- Did not follow through with the drug screen, background check and/or payment of acceptance fee for two previous acceptances into a program.
Address: 1423 N Jefferson Ave, Springfield, MO 65802
Submit your review