At Cox College, pupils have the choice to start their educational quest to nursing by acquiring an Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) degree. At this level pupils who obtain entry to the ASN training program and maintain a regular study, have the capability to graduate in 2 years.
Graduates will be prepared to take and sit for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). After passing this exam, they will be qualified to start a career as a registered nurse (RN).
About The School
Welcome to Cox College, a non-public College of approximately 900 pupils near the center of Springfield, Missouri, USA.
The Institution offers Associate, Bachelors and also Master’s degrees in Nursing, Masters in Nutrition Diagnostics, Bachelors in Diagnostic Imaging, Masters in Occupational Therapy, Associate degrees in both Radiography and Medical Assisting, and a certificate in Medical Billing and Medical Coding.
On July 15, 2008, the College Board of Trustees nominated to shorten the name to Cox College. The CoxHealth Board of Directors reaffirmed the judgment, and the modification became certified when the Higher Learning Commission also endorsed it.
Total program cost is USD $21,215
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
The following requirements must be met before the College will consider your application for the Nursing program. It is the responsibility of the applicant to make sure the College has the most current official transcripts from other colleges or universities by the deadline.If all of the following qualifications are not met at time of application, your application will not be considered for selection:
- Completion of the admissions process for Cox College.
- Completion of Intermediate Algebra or higher or prove math proficiency (not required for BSN Accelerated applicants).
- Minimum of a 2.75 cumulative GPA for the program general education courses: BIOL205 Human Anatomy*, BIOL206 Human Physiology*, BIOL208 Microbiology*, BIOL302 Principles of Human Nutrition*, CHEM103 Fundamentals of Chemistry, INFM160 Computer Resources, ENGL150 English, PHIL201 Introduction to Philosophy, SOCI101 Introduction to Sociology, PSYC101 Introduction to Psychology.
- Minimum of a 2.5 or higher cumulative GPA for science courses. Courses include: Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, Microbiology and Nutrition.
- ASN requirement: Completion of at least 1 core science and 3 additional general education courses. A minimum of 12 credit hours completed. Intermediate Algebra does not count towards the 12 credit minimum.
- BSN Entry requirement: A minimum of 37 credit hours completed, balance of those courses with an asterisk (*),must be complete by the start of the program.
- BSN Accelerated requirement:All listed courses must be complete by the start of the program.
- Complete the HESI A2 Exam.
Address: 1423 N. Jefferson Ave Springfield, MO 65802
Submit your review