The Community College of Rhode Island is the state’s exclusively public associate degree registered nursing training program. Associate Degree Nursing grooms the graduate for entrance into professional nursing practice.
As a registered nurse (RN) generalist the Associate Degree Nursing graduate leads, manages, and provides direct care to people, families, and also groups across a variety of health-care surroundings. The Community College of Rhode Island’s associate degree in nursing training program is certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN)
About The School
The Community College of Rhode Island, generally shortened as “CCRI,” is an exclusive community college in Rhode Island and the biggest community college in New England, United States.
it was established in the year 1964. The college’s main facility is situated in Warwick, with other college structures all through the state.
Total estimated program cost is USD $16,176
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- CCRI Application for Enrollment into General Studies with a pre-nursing concentration.
- Official copy of a high school transcript, GED® transcript or baccalaureate transcript from an accredited institution, including date of graduation or completion.
- ACCUPLACER test issued by CCRI’s Department of Advising and Counseling. Score of 90 or above is required for reading comprehension. Score of 65 or above is required for Math (Arithmetic Section). OR
MATH 0500: Fundamentals of Mathematics with a grade of “B-” or better and ENGL 0890: Critical Reading with a “B-” or better.
- HESI A2 Test. Score 75 percent or better on each section.*
- Complete the following required prerequisite courses: (These courses are limited to two attempts.)
- BIOL 1010: Human Anatomy with a grade of “B-” or better
- ENGL 1010: Composition I with a grade of “C” or better
- PSYC 2010: General Psychology with a grade of “C” or better
- A minimum overall cumulative grade point average of 2.7 is required to apply to the program and must be maintained until enrolled in Nursing.
- Complete and submit an online performance-based Health Sciences application at www.ccri.edu/oes/admissions/performancebasedapplications.html. The deadlines are listed on the form.
- Conditionally accepted students are required to complete the following:
- Submit a background check through CastleBranch.com when directed by notification from Enrollment Services. Results of BCI may prevent admission due to clinical agencies’ requirements.
- Submit all health care requirements to CastleBranch.com by the deadline identified.
Community College Of Rhoda Island
Address: 400 East Ave, Warwick, RI 02886
Submit your review