The Medical Assisting AAS Degree training program provides training for both front office managerial and also back office clinical responsibilities. It is built to train medical assistants in understanding clinical techniques such as: pre-examination and also examination assistance, obtaining medical records and vital signs, minor office surgery, routine laboratory operations including phlebotomy and EKG, and maintaining as well as disinfecting apparatus.
Administratively, students will be taught the necessary office expertise to maintain a clinic including responding to telephones, greeting patients, managing correspondence, scheduling meetings, billing, and bookkeeping. The program seeks to build competent medical assistants to work in a variety of functions such as, but not restricted to, clinics as well as hospitals.
In addition to obtaining an AAS in Medical Assisting, pupils completing the training program will have also acquired a Nurse Aide Certificate. Once students fulfill all of the prerequisite requirements and the whole program curriculum, they will have attained an AAS Degree in Medical Assisting and will be qualified to sit for the registry examination to become either a Certified or Registered Medical Assistant (CMA or RMA respectively).
Students that have completed their nurse aide qualification through CCD will be preferentially accepted into the medical assisting bridge training program contingent upon prosperous completion of the certification examination and a recommendation from their program coordinator.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Community College of Denver (CCD) is a community college in Denver, Colorado, United States Of America. The main campus is at Auraria Campus which has 2 additional locations in the Denver metropolitan region.
CCD focuses primarily on underserved, first-generation, and also minority students. CCD is among the thirteen colleges in the Colorado Community College Program. It is the solely two-year college in the country that shares a campus as well as amenities with 2 four-year universities, Metropolitan State University of Denver along with the University of Colorado Denver.
CCD lately unveiled the Confluence Building, which is a student information centre. CCD is an “open door” higher education institute offering 4 degrees: Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Applied Science, as well as Associate of General Studies. CCD is regionally certified by The Higher Learning Commission which is an associate of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA). Community College of Denver participates in the Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP).
Total program cost is USD $16,086
Program Admission Requirements
- Have basic computer skills to include, but not limited to, word processing, creation of PowerPoint presentations, basic Excel skills, email and use of D2L. Students needing additional assistance with computer skills may take CIS 118 Introduction to PC Applications prior to matriculation into the program.
- Have access to a computer as CCD email and D2L are used for communication.
- Provide completion of a High School Diploma or GED.
- Interview with the Medical Assisting Program Chair.
- Complete the Medical Assisting Program application.
- Meet the following prerequisite requirements:
- MAT 121
- Grade of C or better in CCR 092, CCR 093, CCR 094; or equivalent CCPT English and Writing assessment score placements; or equivalent ACT/SAT scores
- BIO 111
- Waivers may be obtained for all or part of the assessment testing if a student has ACT or SAT scores or a prior degree by contacting the Testing Centre.
- BIO 106 – Basic Anatomy and Physiology
- CIS 118 – (Introduction to PC Applications – is an optional course you may take if you need additional skills to master MOT 120 and MOT 130)
- Obtain Basic Life Support (BLS) and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification through the American Heart Association (AHA). This certification must be valid throughout the program. If it will lapse at any point during the program, a renewal must be completed prior to matriculation.
Community College of Denver
Address: 800 Curtis Street, Denver, CO 80204
Submit your review
Leave a Reply