The Community College of Beaver County Nursing Training program offers an Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) to become a Registered Nurse (RN). The ADN graduate earns an Associate in Applied Science Degree and is qualified to sit and write the National Council Licensing Examination (NCLEX) to become a Registered Nurse (RN).
The graduate participates with other associates of the health team in organizing and also giving safe care in many different health-care functions. The program is completely certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) and has complete authorization status from the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing.
About The School
The Community College of Beaver County is a community college situated in Beaver County, Pennsylvania, USA. The institution includes roughly 3,600 credit pupils and over 3,200 non-credit pupils from in and around Beaver Region.
Total estimated program cost is USD $15,660
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Complete an admission application
- Take the college’s placement test.
- file an official copy of your high school record (transcript) or GED test score with the college.
- Applicants are required to take a nursing pre-admission exam for eligibility/admission to the program.
- The number of re-admissions to the Nursing Program (inclusive of all levels) will be limited to a maximum of one (1) per applicant, in addition to their initial matriculation. Re-admission is decided on an individual basis. All requests for re-admission should be made in writing to the program director, with the exception of first year, first semester students.
- Students who fail or withdraw from NURS170, Nursing I, must reapply to the program. They will be ranked by nursing pre-admission examination score with all applicants.
- Otherwise, placement into the Nursing program will be on a SPACE AVAILABLE BASIS. Available spaces in NURS270, Nursing III, will be divided between re-admission applicants and LPN advanced placement applicants.
- Students out of the program for three (3) years or more may be required to repeat selected courses on the guidance and direction from the Division Director.
- Transfer students will be considered on an individual basis with guidance and direction from the Division Director. Placement will be on a SPACE AVAILABLE BASIS after re-admission and LPN applicants are admitted.
Requirements for applicants who are Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) seeking advanced placement into CCBC’s RN program:
- Have all transcripts from previous Colleges and High School sent to:
Community College of Beaver County/Admissions- 1 Campus Drive, Monaca, PA 15061
- Schedule an Admissions interview by calling 724-480-3504
- Provide your Admissions Representative with a copy of your current LPN License on the date of your scheduled interview.
- Once all transcripts and your current LPN license are on file with admissions, you are required to schedule an appointment with counseling by calling 724-480-3421.
- Counseling will review your course work.
- Counseling will assist with questions about scheduling of classes (if needed) for the spring semester.
If accepted, students must take NURS 200. This is two credit course and must be paid for at the time of registration. For questions about financial aid contact 724-480-3501.
- You must meet with counseling by the end of October of the testing year to register for the NACE Challenge exam.
- Counseling will compile a list to provide to our Nursing Committee to schedule you for the NACE Challenge exam.
The applicant must complete the following four courses, or their equivalent, with a grade of “C” or greater prior to being considered for admission: These classes must be completed by the end of the fall term in which you are applying to the LPN to RN program:
- BIOL201 Human Anatomy & Physiology I
- BIOL202 Human Anatomy & Physiology II
- PSYC101 General Psychology I
- PSYC106 Human Growth and Development
The remaining three courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or greater prior to beginning the fall ADN semester. Note: If you already completed the course/s the grade must be a “C” or greater.
- BIOL215 Microbiology
- CIST100 Introduction to Information Technology
- WRIT101 English Composition I
In addition, you will be required to complete these two classes: Note: If you already completed the course/s the grade must be a “C” or greater.
- LITR210 Concepts of Literature /with NURS IV or before
- SOCI101 Principles of Sociology/with NURS V or before
Community College Of Beaver County
Address: 1 Campus Dr, Monaca, PA 15061, USA
Submit your review