The Columbia Basin College Nursing training program admits one class of roughly fifty students per school year each and every fall. Students may get applications to the Nursing program in January and February before the planned entrance year. Applications are due by the designated due date the end of February. You are highly encouraged to finalized nursing prerequisites prior to applying to the program. These courses provide points for the Entrance Index Score.
The Columbia Basin College Nursing training program makes use of 3 elements for admission. Those elements include (A) (TEAS) pre-nursing assessment score, (B) cumulative grade point average among selected prerequisite courses, and (C) departmental course completion score index. These three elements will be merged for a complete Admission Index Score based on a total point value of thirty (30) points
About the school
Columbia Basin College (also referred to as CBC) is a college located in Pasco, Washington, United States authorized by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. The Institution offers English course as a 2nd language and General Educational Development (GED) prep classes, the Functioning Start program, plus many associate degrees (transfer, associate of arts, associate of applied science) and Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) degrees.
Columbia Basin College has served Benton and Franklin counties for approximately sixty years. The very first classes at CBC were endorsed by the State Board of Education in May 1955.
Total tuition cost is USD $7,200
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Chemistry, CHEM& 121 or above
- Human A&P 1, BIOL& 241
- Human A&P 2, BIOL& 242
- English Composition, ENGL& 101 or ENGL& 102
- Lifespan Psychology, PSYC& 200
- Microbiology, BIOL& 260
- Introduction to Stats, MATH& 146
- Communication Studies, CMST 101, or 103, or 110, or 210, or 220, or 260
- Obtaining a 2.0 GPA is required for major courses, major support courses, and general education requirements.
- Entrance Requirements
To be eligible for the Columbia Basin College Nursing program, each of the following requirements must be met:
- Must be a current student at CBC, if not, you can apply for admission.
- Submission of official transcripts from all schools the student has attended; please have these sent to Student Records, not the Nursing program. It is the student’s responsibility to follow-up with CBC to assure that transcripts have arrived and have been evaluated.
- TEAS test on file (test fee is $86).
- Submit Nursing program application (cost of application is $29) to Student Records on the Pasco campus by the assigned due date for the following fall quarter program start.
Students are admitted using an admissions index system, which includes the GPA of four selected courses, the TEAS examination score, and course completion scores from all pre-nursing courses. All applications are reviewed at the close of winter quarter. Students with the highest admissions index score will be admitted first. Admission to the Nursing program is limited, and completion of entrance requirements does not ensure admission to the program.
Columbia Basin College
Address: 2600 N 20th Ave, Pasco, WA 99301, USA
Submit your review
Leave a Reply