Start your nursing education in the AAS training program at the College of Staten Island. This degree training program is available to high-school graduates, people with other degrees, and individuals pursuing subsequent careers. Through your studies in science, the humanities and also nursing, you will acquire the scientific basis for your generalist nursing practice.
Upon successful graduation, you will be qualified to take the national examination leading to licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN). After passing the licensure examination, you will be on your way to an exhilarating career. Job possibilities for recently licensed Registered Professional Nurses are available in hospitals, ambulatory care centers, skilled nursing amenities, nursing homes, and home care functions.
About The School
The College of Staten Island (CSI) is among the eleven 4-year senior colleges within the Town University of New York system. Programs in the liberal arts and also sciences and professional studies result in bachelor’s and also associate’s degrees. The master’s degree is awarded in thirteen (13) specialized liberal arts and also sciences fields of study. The Institution participates in doctoral programs of The Graduate Center, CUNY in Biochemistry, Computer Science, Biology, Chemistry, Nursing, Physics, and Psychology.
The College of Staten Island tracks its start to the founding of Staten Island Community College in the year 1956. Staten Island Community College combined with Richmond College (unveiled in 1965), in 1976 to establish the College of Staten Island (CSI).
Total estimated program cost is USD $15,170
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Admission to the Nursing program is competitive. Students must:
(1) have a minimum of one semester’s residency;
(2) Submission of SAT I and SAT II (BIO) OR the National League for Nursing (NLN) Pre-Admission Examination (PAX) – RN scores for evaluation;
(3) Successful completion of the prerequisite courses;
(4) Submit completed health and immunization record to the College Health Center by date designated in the admission materials. When the pre-clinical courses have been completed, it is recommended that students register for other outstanding requirements such as the Biology sequence, English, and/or PED 190. Students should consult with a Nursing advisor to assist with appropriate course selection.
(5) Students must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 in the prerequisite courses, and a minimum of a 2.5 cumulative GPA, with a minimum grade of C in BIO 150 to be considered for admission to the clinical phase of the Nursing program. The number of admissions is limited.
(6) Transfer students from other colleges must be in good academic standing.
College Of Staten Island-Cuny
Address: 2800 Victory Boulevard, Staten Island, NY 10314
Submit your review
Leave a Reply