This is a limited-entry training program. A few of these courses are program prerequisites and Should be completed before a student is considered qualified for entry into the Training program. Pupils MUST attend a Health Programs orientation and meet a Health Programs advisor for more advisement.
The Registered Nurse is a crucial member of the health-care team; an indispensable individual within the medical community who provides overall patient care; and a reliable, accountable, inspired professional capable of handling high-pressure circumstances with ease and also assurance.
The Registered Nurse provides care using the nursing process;
- functions within the rules of the Nevada Nurse Practice Act to give proper care, assist and education to patients to enable them to recover and stay well;
- Works in many different health-care functions including hospitals, nursing homes, community agencies, rehabilitation centers, home health, wellness centers, clinics and drug centers;
- oversees the physical and also psychological status of patients; gives medication and records the patients’ reactions, signs and symptoms and advancement;
- Guides Licensed Practical Nurses and Nursing Assistants. There are substantial job options and the possibility of progress for graduates of the degree training program.
Graduates of this training program are qualified to sit/take for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) for state licensure. Courses in the two-year degree can be utilised towards the requirements for a Bachelor of Science in Nursing at a four (4) year institution. The training program has complete endorsement status by the Nevada State Board of Nursing and is certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc.
About the school
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) is a two (2) year college in Clark County, Nevada, USA, with four four-year degrees in Dental Hygiene, Respiratory Sciences, Medical Lab Scientist, and Fire & Emergency Services Admin. The institution is the biggest public higher education institution in Nevada. It is a part of the Nevada System of Higher Education.
Established in the year 1971 as Clark County Community College, the institution turned Community College of Southern Nevada in the year 1991. On March 16, the year 2007, the Board of Regents of the Nevada System of Higher Education voted to modify the name of the school to its present name College of Southern Nevada on July 1, in the year 2007.
Total program cost is USD $10,200
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- MATHEMATICS (3 credits)
MATH 120 or above (except MATH 122, 123)
- ENGLISH COMPOSITION (3-5 credits)
ENG 100 or 101 or 113
- COMMUNICATIONS (3 credits)
COM 101 or 215
- HUMAN RELATIONS (3 credits)
Required: PSY 101 General Psychology
- NATURAL SCIENCE (4 credits)
Required: BIOL 189 Fundamentals of Life Science
- FINE ARTS/HUMANITIES/SOCIAL SCIENCES (3 credits)
Required: SOC 101 Principles of Sociology
- S. AND NEVADA CONSTITUTIONS (4-6 credits)
Recommended: PSC 101 Introduction to American Politics
The College of Southern Nevada
Address: 700 College Dr, Henderson, NV 89002, USA