College of the Sequoias was initially founded in 1926 as Visalia Junior College as a department in the city high school. Its objective at that time was to provide affordable, lower-division college education to local high school graduates who intended to move to a traditional four-year college. The College of the Sequoias is a college situated in central California, United States of America.
College of the Sequoias (COS) is a public 2-year community college in Visalia which is in Tulare Region and California’s San Joaquin Valley. The institution is named for the Giant Sequoia trees native to the close by Sierra Nevada mountain range.
College of the Sequoias Nursing Program is a four-semester training program that brings an Associate of Science Degree (AS) in Registered Nursing. This Registered Nursing Training program prepares pupils for entry-level employment and/or possible further study in the field of Registered Nursing (RN). Students completing this qualification will have a basic foundation for the field of Registered Nursing through the study of the behavioral, biological and physical sciences and will acquire critical thinking, effective communication, physical evaluation, and cultural proficiency skills and capabilities.
Graduates are prepared for the role of care provider across the health-care continuum, as managers of care, and as a lively member of the nursing profession. The agenda provides experiences in a variety of health-care functions including geriatrics, medical, surgical, perinatal, pediatrics and psychiatric/mental health.
The Registered Nursing (RN) Training program is authorized by the California Board of Registered Nursing, and successful completion of the requirements qualifies the graduate to sit/take for the National Council Licensure Exam for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
Upon successful completion of this degree, pupils will be prepared for professions or employment in the following fields: acute care, home care, long-term care, physicians’ offices, public and private facilities, and specialty units (Dialysis, Geriatrics, Intensive Care, Operating Room, etc.).
Total program cost is USD $10,200
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or GED equivalency
- Overall GPA of 2.5 or higher for all courses at or above collegiate levels
- Must pass Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology, and English 1 with a minimum ‘C’ grade
- Accumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on combined Biology prerequisite courses
- Must complete 4 semester units including a lab component in each Biology prerequisite course (BIO 30 (Human Anatomy), BIO 32 (Human Physiology) AND BIO 40 (Microbiology).
- No more than one (1) repetition in each Biology prerequisite coursework is allowed, W’s count as a repeat
- All Additional Graduation Requirements must be passed with a minimum ‘C’ grade and can be taken either before entry into the program or during completion of nursing courses
- ATI TEAS exam must be taken and passed with a score of 62% or higher.
- You must achieve this score in your first two attempts at the TEAS. If you cannot achieve a score of at least 62% in your first two attempts, you will not be considered for the COS Nursing Program. A minimum of 45 days between test taking is required.
College of the Sequoias
Address: 915 S Mooney Boulevard, Visalia, CA 93277, USA
Submit your review
Leave a Reply