- College of the Ozarks (C of O’s), in its long tradition of top quality, offers a traditional, 4-year professional Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree training program. After acceptance to the College and also the completion of a minimum of one year of Nursing training program prerequisites, the pupil may apply to the Nursing major. Before acceptance to the Nursing major, some academic and physical assessments and also an interview are required, including at least cumulative GPA of 2.50 as well as a Preferred ACT composite score of 21.
- During the last semester of the training program, students participate in a preceptorship course where they function one-on-one with a Registered Nurse (RN) caring for a typical patient caseload. Furthermore, through this rigorous training program, pupils will be prepared for success on the National Council Licensing Exam for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN®) and also for graduate study. Job placement in nursing remains exceptional.
- The objective of the Division of Nursing is to present a Christ-centered, Biblically-based, character-driven nursing education training program while preparing competent persons for a religious position as a professional nurse providing service to Christ and also humankind.
- The BSN degree is awarded by College of the Ozarks to those candidates who have completed the credit specifications as outlined in the Nursing curriculum course plan and also who have satisfied all degree requirements of College of the Ozarks. A cumulative GPA of 2.50 is needed to graduate from College of the Ozarks’ Nursing training program.
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education certifies the BSN training program (CCNE; March 2015) and also holds Full Authorization Status from the Missouri State Board of Nursing.
About the school
- College of the Ozarks (C of O’s) is a Christian liberal-arts college, with its campus at Point Lookout close to Branson and also Hollister, Missouri, United States Of America. It is 40 miles south of Springfield on a 1,000-acre campus, looking across Lake Taneycomo.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $23,100
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Successfully completed of all pre-requisite courses (BIO164, BIO174, ENG103, MAT013 or equivalent, PSY103, CHE134, and CHE144);
- Earned a grade of C (2.0) or higher in the following: BIO164, BIO174, MAT013, CHEM134, and CHE144. If less than a C (2.0) is earned twice (including transferred grades) in these courses, the student is ineligible to apply to the nursing program;
- Successfully completed BSN Program Orientation Competency requirements (ATI-TEAS pre-testing, Medical Terminology Competency Test (86% achieved within two attempts), advisor meetings, and workshops);
- Earned a minimum cumulative (career) grade point average of 2.50. The minimum GPA of 2.50 does not guarantee admission to the program;
- ACT composite of 21 or higher preferred;
- Satisfactory score (76%) on national standardized nursing entrance exams (fee);
- Satisfactory character references and personal interview demonstrating suitability for the nursing profession;
- Satisfactory background screening and/or drug screening (fees);
- social security # trace
- state and federal criminal records check
- national criminal check
- Missouri Department of Health and Human Services Employment Disqualify List
- Missouri Child Abuse Search
- OIG Medicare/Fraud Abuse
- NCIC (National Crime Information Center – Department of Justice)
- Satisfactory submission of health-related information.
NOTE: The following health documentation must be on file in the Department of Nursing prior to August 1st to remain eligible to progress to nursing courses:
- tetanus booster or equivalent within last ten years;
- proof of polio series;
- two doses of MMR vaccine or proof of positive immune titers;
- tuberculosis (Mantoux) skin test (annually – valid August to May); and
- hepatitis B vaccine, series of three.
Address: 1 Industrial Pl, Point Lookout, MO 65726
Submit your review