Coconino Community College (CCC) is a community college serving Coconino County in the northern part of the U.S. state of Arizona. CCC was established in 1991, and its first president was Dr. Colleen A. Smith, The College offers more than 40 associate degrees and certificates programs. It also offers a scholarship to merited students.
The Coconino Community College main campus is Flagstaff-Lone Tree; other campuses are Flagstaff Fourth Street, Fredonia, Grand Canyon, Tuba City, Page, and Williams.
Academic Affairs of the school is broken into three divisions namely Arts & Sciences, Career & Technical Education and Career & Technical Education. The Coconino County Community College is a member of the North Central Association and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission
Coconino Community College offers an associate degree of the nursing program. The nursing program is to satisfy the health needs of Arizona community; the college provides professional and technological training techniques to students who desire a career in the health field. The two-year program at the Coconino Community College, nursing programs, requires a great deal of dedication. The Associate of Applied Science nursing degree program involves 61 credit hours for completion. The school is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing and accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education. When the program is successfully completed, students are eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
Total school expenses is $11,000
This two-year AAS nursing program has a number of criteria before you will be admitted to the nursing program,
- Completion of the prerequisite courses with a total GPA of 2.75 and a GPA in the science classes,
- Prerequisite biology and chemistry, of 3.0. An applicant must also provide official transcript copies from all other schools as well as a copy of the applicant’s certified nursing assistant license (CNA).
- The applicant must also obtain two recommendation forms – one from a science instructor and one from the CNA Instructor.
- Another requirement is the completion of the HESI test with a score of 80% or greater.
- The final requirement is the applicant’s personal interview with faculty members.
Coconino Community College
3000 N. 4th Street
Flagstaff, Arizona 86004-1825
Submit your review
Leave a Reply