The Associate Degree Nursing curriculum at Coastal Carolina Community College provides knowledge, experience, and techniques to integrate safety and also quality into nursing care, to practice in an evolving environment, and to fulfill personal needs which impact health, good quality of life, and also achievement of potential.
Coursework includes and also builds upon the areas of health-care, nursing practice, along with the holistic individual. Content emphasizes the nurse as an associate of the interdisciplinary team providing safe, individualized care while making use of evidence-based practice, quality improvement, and also informatics.
Graduates of this training program meet the criteria to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN). Employment opportunities are huge within the worldwide health-care system and may include roles within acute, chronic, extended, industrial, and community health-care facilities. Training program length is 24 months.
Ábout The School
Coastal Carolina Community College is a community college situated in Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States. As early as the year 1957, the State of North Carolina acknowledged the need to offer extra post-high school education and also training for its inhabitants. By year the 1962, the General Assembly endorsed the development of 20 industrial education centers.
The very first curriculum classes—Brick Masonry, Auto Mechanics, Welding, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, and Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN)—were offered during the evening in September in the year 1965.
Total estimated program cost is USD $9,868
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- View or attend a mandatory Nursing Information Session.
- Submit a Coastal Carolina Community College (CCCC) application. If you are not currently taking classes at CCCC, you must fill out a CCCC Application for Admission. Applications are available online at coastalcarolina.edu or you may pick one up in the Admissions Office in the Student Center.
- Submit official transcripts from high school (or high school equivalency) and all colleges or universities you have attended.
- Take the placement test and receive minimum scores (or higher).
- Meet Associate Degree Nursing Math and Chemistry pre-requisites.
MATH: One of the following must be complete or in progress:
- Algebra II in high school with a grade of C (77%) or higher (must be 1 high school credit) OR
- Minimum of DMA 040: Express/Lin Equat/Inequal and DMA050: Graphs/Equations of Lines (MAT 070: Introductory Algebra) from a North Carolina Community College or a higher level transferrable college algebraic math course from any college or university with a grade of C (77%) or higher. Note: The transferrable college algebraic math must have a pre-requisite that is equal to or higher than DMA 040 and DMA 050. Statistics will not count as an algebraic math for the nursing program. AND
CHEMISTRY: One of the following must be complete or in progress:
- High School Chemistry* with a grade of C (77%) or higher (must be 1 high school credit).
*Note: High school Chemistry will only be accepted if it was completed in 2012 or after. OR
- CHM 090: Chemistry Concepts at a North Carolina Community College or a transferrable college level Chemistry (a minimum of 4 semester hour credits) from any college or university with a grade of C (77%) or higher.
Coastal Carolina Community College
Address: 444 Western Blvd, Jacksonville, NC 28546
Submit your review