The ADN Registered Nurse training program of study in Coahoma Community College is built for eligible Licensed Practical Nurses and comprises of two (2) semesters (30-semester hrs) of general education courses as well as one summer term accompanied by two semesters of nursing classes.
Pupils are provided clinical experiences that develop on earlier obtained skills and also comprise of direct patient care, virtual learning techniques and also clinical simulations utilizing computerized patient care mannequins.
The ADN training program honors an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing to its graduates and also grooms the graduates for successful completion of the NCLEX for Registered nurses as well as practice as an entry level Registered Nurse (RN).
About The School
Coahoma Community College is a community college and HBCU situated in Coahoma County, Mississippi, USA, roughly 4 miles north of the town of Clarksdale. The 99-acre campus sits in an agrarian setting along Clarksdale-Friars Point Road close to the Mississippi River.
Starting up Coahoma County Agricultural High School in the year 1924, Coahoma County became the very first county in Mississippi to offer an agricultural high school for black pupils under the then existing “separate however equal” doctrine for education. The junior college syllabus was added in 1949, and the name of the school was modified to Coahoma Junior College and also Agricultural High School.
Coahoma Community College is certified by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges/Schools to honor the Associate of Arts degree (AA), the Associate of Applied Science degree (AAS), and also certificates in career education.
Total program cost is USD $13,310
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Completion of all prerequisite courses by the end of the spring semester immediately prior to admission to nursing program courses.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.50 on pre-requisite courses. A minimum grade of “C” is required in all science courses. Anatomy and Physiology I & II Lec and Lab and Microbiology Lec and Lab must not be more than 5 years old at the time of admission (end of spring semester of year seeking admission).
- ACT composite score of at least 18
- Official high school transcript or GED
- Official transcript(s) from all colleges or universities attended
- Must have an unencumbered license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in Mississippi
- Must have 6 to 9 months of continuous nursing practice documented by employer
- Record of current immunizations and CPR certification according to program requirements
- Must meet criminal Background Check requirement
Coahoma Community College
Address: 3240 Friars Point Rd, Clarksdale, MS 38614
Submit your review
Leave a Reply