- The Traditional Nursing Training program at Carson-Newman University will enable you to receive a BS in Nursing degree (BSN). The curriculum is built to give you a balance of general education courses together with nursing courses. You will start with 3-semesters of core courses after which, in the spring of your sophomore year, commences clinical nursing courses that will prepare you for the state licensure exam for Registered Nurses (RN).
- Baccalaureate education in nursing consists liberal arts and sciences, humanities and also nursing. The objective is to prepare a professional who functions autonomously with a concentration on the health care requirements of clients of all ages in various settings. The baccalaureate nurse describes the rationale for nursing actions and also collaborates with the patient to figure out acceptable outcomes. An important part of baccalaureate preparation in nursing is the capability to apply knowledge to the promotion of client
About the school
- Carson–Newman University is a traditionally Baptist liberal arts school situated in Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States of America. A new enrollment history of 2,528 was set in August in the year 2015. Studies are offered in roughly 90 various academic programs.
- The university has a present retention rate of 70%. Latest rankings include The Best College in the Southeast (The Princeton Review), 7th Best Baccalaureate College in the U.S., and also America’s number 2 rated baccalaureate college for community service (Washington Monthly).
- Presently, the five most common majors are Business, Nursing, Pre-Medicine/Biology, Education, and also Psychology. The institution holds overall institutional certification by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $32,020
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
All students, regardless of track, must meet the following admission criteria:
- Cumulative GPA 2.75 or higher.
- Completion of prerequisite courses with a C or better with a maximum of one retake per course.
- Biology 207, 208, 316
- Chemistry 101
- Child and Family Studies 206
- English 101, 201
- Foods and Nutrition 214
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 of the following science courses: BIOL 207, 208, 316, and CHEM 101.
- Successful completion of criminal background check.
Address: 1646 Russell Ave, Jefferson City, TN 37760, USA
Submit your review