The LPN to ADN training program at Cloud County Community College (CCCC) prepares the graduates to practice as registered nurses (RNs) upon successful completion of the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN). They are competent to enter professional positions as a generalist in many different care functions with customers of any age from varied populations.
Cloud County Community College nursing graduates are also ready to continue studies at colleges or universities that offer bachelor’s degrees in nursing (BSN). The Associate Degree Nursing training program does not set up individuals for teaching positions.
This two-semester training program is for Licensed Practical Nurses, with the capability and resources, whose career objective is registered nursing. Upon successful completion, graduates are awarded an Associate in Applied Science degree and are qualified to take the licensure examination for registered nurses, NCLEX-RN.
About the school
Cloud County Community College is a two (2) year public community college with campuses in Concordia (Kansas and Junction City) Kansas, United States Of America.
Cloud County Community College was established in Concordia in 1965 and started classes in the Concordia Junior-Senior High School. The institution relocated to its current site in 1968. The architecture of the primary campus is that of “pods” which are built to stimulate the rolling hills of the area. The athletic teams are best known as the Thunderbirds (males) and Lady Thunderbirds (females).
Cloud County Community College was the 2001 NJCAA national champion in women’s basketball.
Total estimated program cost is USD $12,600
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- The applicant shall submit official transcripts for all secondary and post-secondary course work taken, in order to be considered for class selection.
- The applicant shall take a standardized entrance examination for purposes of placement in the program. A predetermined minimum score must be achieved. The composite score will be used for ranking purposes for class selection. The applicant shall pay the required fee for the placement exam.
- All applicants shall have a “C” or better in all required general education and other plan of study (non-nursing) courses. Courses taken multiple times to get the minimum “C” grade may jeopardize admission.
- All required information shall be in the official file maintained at Cloud County Community College before the application will be reviewed. Responsibility for completing the information rests entirely with the applicant.
- The class will be selected by choosing the highest ranking applicants. Alternates will be chosen to fill the remaining slots as positions become available. In case of a tie, application date will be considered. Ranking criteria will be provided with the application packet.
- Must have a minimum of 3 positive references. If the applicant has completed an LPN program within the last 2 years, one must be from a full-time faculty member of the practical nursing program. Applicants must provide five names for references.
- A security screening will be completed prior to any clinical experience. Criminal conviction may jeopardize the ability to continue in the course and/or to obtain licensure.
- The applicant shall provide evidence of current CPR certification at the professional level by August 1.
- Applicants must be eligible to enroll in, or have completed, English Composition I and Intermediate Algebra/Survey of Math at the beginning of the academic year.
Cloud County Community College
Address: 2221 Campus Dr, Concordia, KS 66901, USA
Submit your review
Leave a Reply