- The Cleveland State University School of Nursing readies graduates of its Bachelor of Science in Nursing training program with a robust theoretical and also clinical foundation which is essential for them to function as professional nurses. Their community-based nursing training program grooms pupils to deliver care in primary, secondary and also tertiary settings, to take a leading role in dealing with the challenges of their changing health care environment, and to continue expanding their scope of practice via continuing and also graduate nursing education.
- The Basic training program is made for those students who are seeking a Baccalaureate degree and also licensure as a registered nurse. This traditional training program is 3-years in length for the nursing course sequence for a total of 69 credit hours. Completion of the prerequisite coursework is needed before starting the nursing training program. The time frame for the entire training program is estimated at 4 to 5 years for completion.
- The School of Nursing at Cleveland State University offers both undergraduate and also graduate nursing programs which are certified by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. The pre-licensure training program is endorsed by the Ohio Board of Nursing (OBN).
About the school
- Cleveland State University (also referred to as Cleveland State or CSU) is a public university in downtown Cleveland, Ohio, United States Of America.
- It was established in the year 1964 and opened for classes in 1965 after acquiring the structures, property, and also students of Fenn College, a non-public school that had been in operation since 1923 CSU absorbed the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in the year 1969.
- At present it is part of the University System of Ohio, has over 120,000 alumni, and also offers over 200 academic
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $28,250
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
1) Apply for admission to CSU. We recommend that this be done at least six weeks prior to any School of Nursing deadlines.
2) Complete all prerequisite coursework with a grade of “C” or higher. Maintain an overall prerequisite GPA of at least 3.00.
3) Maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.75.
4) Apply for admission to the School of Nursing. Deadlines are January 1st for early decision and March 1st final deadline for the fall class. Must have successfully completed two of the science prerequisites at the time of application submission.
5) Submit two letters of recommendation (included in the application packet) and a current resume with your application.
- Anatomy & Physiology I & II
- Chemistry I & II
- English I & II
- College Level Mathematics
- Applicants must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
Address: 2121 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44115, USA
Phone: (216) 687-2000
Submit your review